"Teeth" says celtic would be top 6 in prem

So, what people are saying, is that hey could be a top 6 team if they sold or their players and bought new ones? How is that any different to say, Newcastle or Leeds?

Ahead of whom?

Everton might well split the top 6 this season, so I really don't think it's some sort of unbreakable group.

Both Everton and Southampton will probably be targeting it realistically next season, and with United being incompetent, Klopp no knowing how to defend and Wenger staying, it's not impossible.

Given that, expecting Celtic to be on a level with Everton is not unrealistic either.

So, what people are saying, is that hey could be a top 6 team if they sold or their players and bought new ones? How is that any different to say, Newcastle or Leeds?

It's not...but that's Rodgers' point. He thinks their global fanbase would give them enough revenue and appeal to sponsors that they'd be able to reach that level within a few years of getting the £100m a year Premier League prize money.

I'm not sure why everyone's reacting like he's said the current Celtic side would win the Premier League or something....perhaps it's just because people like to have a laugh at Rodgers and taking his comments out of context allows that.

City Now 49 mins ago

Patrick Roberts: "They (Celtic) are top professionals and great lads so I think they could compete in the Premier League. The belief in the team here and the desire to win and the experience in the team, and some young boys as well that are coming through who are excellent, so yes, they could (compete)."

It's not...but that's Rodgers' point. He thinks their global fanbase would give them enough revenue and appeal to sponsors that they'd be able to reach that level within a few years of getting the £100m a year Premier League prize money.

I'm not sure why everyone's reacting like he's said the current Celtic side would win the Premier League or something....perhaps it's just because people like to have a laugh at Rodgers and taking his comments out of context allows that.

He may have a point, loosely. But the same can be said of lots of teams such as Leeds, Newcastle etc

It's all a bit pie in the sky anyway. I always wonder if fans of Benfica and Porto bang on about where they would finish in Spain or if Basle talk about joining Seria A etc.

They could easily expand their own stadium going by your logic, they certainly have the supporter base.
Look, I'm not saying they'd win the bloody thing every year and the great thing about the premier league nowadays is
no club is guaranteed a top four spot but they'd be up there challenging in no time. The only Surprise to me is Dermot Desmond hasn't gotten
them in there already, I'd of thought the tv companies would love the two from Glasgow in amongst it all.
What do you mean by my logic? Spurs stadium is half built and Chelsea start on theirs next year. My point was that they would be one of ten with big stadiums. A big stadium means fuck all.

There's more chance of Hart starting tomorrow night for City then the PL ever allowing the Glasgow pricks to join.

Regardless of global fanbase, Celtic (or Rangers for that matter) would never be able to attract the top players to Glasgow. Yes, they would be well supported, but it wouldn’t be that much of an advantage, as virtually all the ambitious clubs are expanding their stadiums.

Similarly, Celtic would have to choose between guaranteed european football or gambling their future in a highly contested, top-heavy Premier League.

They can’t have it both ways.

Not even a small chance. They are very average in a piss poor league,probably league 1 standard. Look at some of the players that have flourished in that keague; samaras, willo flood, shaleum logan, clint hill , stevie may etc etc. Its one thing getting up for 2 or 3 games a season,different story having to compete in a proper league every week. Scott brown is one of the poorest midfielders in any european league and gets by kicking fuck out of players. They would be relegated within 2 seasons.

Not even a small chance. They are very average in a piss poor league,probably league 1 standard. Look at some of the players that have flourished in that keague; samaras, willo flood, shaleum logan, clint hill , stevie may etc etc.

Even Brian Laudrup flopped in the Premier League. And then others like Kris Boyd, Barry Ferguson and Liam Miller who failed too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.