Tenerife

flyer

We're looking to go in October, but we've done Adeje and Los Christianos enough times. Has anybody been to Golf del Sur? Not interested in golf just looking for a nice place for two fifty somethings to enjoy a break.

Thanks

We're looking to go in October, but we've done Adeje and Los Christianos enough times. Has anybody been to Golf del Sur? Not interested in golf just looking for a nice place for two fifty somethings to enjoy a break.

Thanks
It's ok if you're just after a quiet break. There's a square called San Blas which has a few bars and restaurants and a decent Irish bar called The Wild Geese.
Other than that there's really not a great deal going on but you can jump on a bus to Los Cristianos/Americas for a couple of euros.
El Medano is just down the road which has a good beach with all the surfers/windsurfers and a more Canadian feel. You can get some great prices for the Golf tbf, especially in October so probably worth a try.

It's ok if you're just after a quiet break. There's a square called San Blas which has a few bars and restaurants and a decent Irish bar called The Wild Geese.
Other than that there's really not a great deal going on but you can jump on a bus to Los Cristianos/Americas for a couple of euros.
El Medano is just down the road which has a good beach with all the surfers/windsurfers and a more Canadian feel. You can get some great prices for the Golf tbf, especially in October so probably worth a try.

Thanks Pablo1. Just read that airport noise is a problem so probably give it a miss

Thanks Pablo1. Just read that airport noise is a problem so probably give it a miss
Yeah it is directly on the flight path as planes are coming to land so depending on where your apartment/hotel is it can get noisy.
I've never spent more than a day there tbh, it's not the place for me.
You want to look further along the coast, fanabe and Del duque are well worth a look.

Thanks

We are veterans of San Blas and Golf De Sur.
Or the general area which is called San Miguel de Abona.
It is very good indeed OP.
We are both late fifties and demanding in our holiday makeup.

There is enough going on at night time in the immediate vicinity.
There are in essence 2 irish bars..The wild geese and and Grandees.
Both offer the usual; fish and chips and shep pie meals and praise the lord for that.
Live entertainment at nights from them both.
Prices are bang average and afforadable.

The hotels all have entertainment and you can work between them all.
San Blas square is a on three levels.
Entertainment food and shops.

The promendae is not like an ordinary prom.
You walk along a coastal path that takes you across a few bars.
There was no beach in golf de sur but 18 months ago they started levelling the cliffs and building one.It's built now.

Golf de sur has a marina.
It also has crown green bowling that all the ex pats use in the complex called the winter gardens.

Regarding hotels we have used both the Diamond resorts which are timeshare.
After the poor time share folk cant take up their allocation they sell them to the open market for a fraction of the cost.
You may have paid 20k for a fortnight and then your maintance charges which are excessive.
And then along comes joe soap to stay for pennies.
So sad but the moral is do not give them your money.
You are then free to use the world as your accomadation base at the price you dictate.

So what of Diamond resorts..
Well they are the best of the best.
Regardless of if you are a timeshare on joe punter they always say Welcome Home.
The insides are incredable.

We have stayed in Santa Barbara which was top bannana and the other one at San Blas called Sunset View which was creme du la creme.
We have also used Diamond in Benalamadena.

Another place I heartily reccomend is Sunningdale apartments which are eqsquisite.
The bus runs into Cristiano if you get bored and takes 20 minutes for pennies.
If you stay at sunningdale it's free.

You will be impressed pal.
Let me know if you need any assistance.
The main large supermarket is walkable in 25 minutes at a place called las chafiras.
Get a taxi back though.
There is also a smaller perdectly adequate one in san blas.

At las chafiras there is a cracking pit stop next to the petrol station that does quality butties and brews and beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for that Taxi, Golf is back on the list. We stayed at a Diamond Resort in Adeje which was a holiday booked through Easyjet. Have to agree with you, they are brilliant places.

I'm staying at Golf Del Sur again in December
Me and the Mrs for a long weekend
This will be my fifth visit to GDS and although it is on the flight path, the aircraft are not intrusive
It's ideal for winter sun and a long weekend
Flights in December £100 each return
And the apartment £150
Taxi from the airport to the apartment €10
Fly out Thursday night, back Monday night

I'm staying at Golf Del Sur again in December
Me and the Mrs for a long weekend
This will be my fifth visit to GDS and although it is on the flight path, the aircraft are not intrusive
It's ideal for winter sun and a long weekend
Flights in December £100 each return
And the apartment £150
Taxi from the airport to the apartment €10
Fly out Thursday night, back Monday night
What's the weather like around that time or if you know January as well ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.