Tenerife

Why stay in the south? Go to Puerto de la Cruz.
Good shout. A beautiful town, with everything you want, but a predominantly Spanish feel to the place.
It's located in the 'Rainy' north, however, which is why the north of the island is far more lush than the south,
but the weather is generally sunny and warm most of the time.

Last time I went to Tenerife all we got was hassle every 15 seconds when walking about from people trying to sell stuff or get us into their bar/restaurant. Put me off which is a shame as its a lovely island

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I stayed in Golf Del Sur twice about 10 years ago... We rented a villa on Alamos Parque and then we stayed on the golf resort villas.

It's a pleasant enough place, but it's a car/bus ride to any of the other resorts. The only thing nearby is a strip of bars, shops and restaurants on San Blas... with a nightclub at the very bottom end.

Last time we went to Tenerife, we stayed in Puerto de la Cruz - totally different to the south side of the island, less tourists and very green - I believe the Spanish/Tenerife-ians live/holiday there.

I've been to Tenerife 5 times now, and stayed in Golf Del Sur every time. The comments made by @Taxi are spot on in all respects. As for plane noise, they're only 30 seconds from touchdown, just like Heald Green. If you like watching planes, as I do, it's brilliant!
I've stayed at Sunningdale 4 times (my mate used to have a timeshare there), but I have rented villas there 3 times, and the other time at the Golf Plaza.
A nice walk to San Blas along the coastal path to help you get fit, and a taxi back after food and drinks is a must.
Special mention to the Mill fish restaurant at the top of "cardiac hill" (not it's real name, It's Avenida del Sur), as the food is good, and I watched the rags getting beaten by Barca in the Champions League final at Wembley. A happy day!

Puerto dlC - nice town, plenty to see in the town. Botanic Garden, Orchid Garden (better), marvellous lido (Lago Martianez designed by César Manrique who also did the sculptures on Lanzarote's roundabouts - the only reason to go to Lanzarote), and easy trips by bus (La Orotava, Garachicho, even Buenavista - worth an hour on the bus just for the chocolate shop http://eladerno.com ).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.