Term time holidays

Is that a fact or an opinion? If fact, will contact the school
It is fact. Just Google statutory school age to find a suitable quote to include when you contact school.
In fact i taught a child last year who didn't start school until y1 as her mum didn't want her to start until she absolutely had to. She was very bright and it didn't seem to have affected her.

Doesn't have to be the female at all. I have several children and have had periods where I have put my career on hold to be the main carer and my wife has had periods where she has done it. I believe it is better for kids to be looked after by a parent rather than by after school and holiday clubs. You find that alarming, fair enough we are both entitled to our opinions. I find it alarming that most schools these days run pre and post school clubs that are full of kids. I'd have been pretty pissed off if I had been dropped off at school at 8am and picked up at 5.30pm every day rather than been able to actually go home when school finished, I know that much. Still that's progress for you.

You've not been fair with your reply at all. You've taken what I said out of context. There was a blatant "the man brings home the bacon" bias to replies when neither career should suffer.

Let us look at flex working, home based etc.

You've not been fair with your reply at all. You've taken what I said out of context. There was a blatant "the man brings home the bacon" bias to replies when neither career should suffer.

Let us look at flex working, home based etc.
Totally agree, flexible working, working from home etc are completely the way forward and nowhere near enough of it goes on. My career has suffered I suppose, so has the wife's. She would have undoubtedly been a head teacher by now but decided to pack in her management responsibilities and just go back to being a classroom teacher (and indeed part-time so that she can be at home more). I essentially packed in my job and took a total change in career which allows me to work 100% from home on a remote server. We have much less money than we did and certainly a ton less than we would have done but we don't regret it in the slightest, it was our choice, we'd rather cut our cloth accordingly and spend more time together as a family. I recognise other people have a different view on things which is fine also (apologies if I sounded horribly judgemental) but personally I wouldn't have wanted to have kids and then both of us put our careers first and have them stuck in after school clubs every night. I also understand that we are fortunate enough to have been able to make those choices and that some people don't have that choice and have to work every hour just to make ends meet. But I did mention that. Personally I think we have lost sight of certain things in society and certain things that are seen as progress don't look anything like progress to me. I understand that is just my opinion though.

The education system needs to understand that the world has moved on from when parents worked in the local factory which shut down for wakes week and that's when you went to Blackpool or Scarborough or wherever for a week away.
Our working day is different, people work all kinds of shifts around the clock, far from home and in the home due to technology.
And due to technology we can fly to sunnier climates at destinations I only dreamed of when I was a kid.
I can't afford to bring my daughter and 2 kids over in school holidays - it cost me $1500 for the three of them in May, would be that each in August!
So a £240 " fine"? Still worth it. Twats.

Why are the fines per parent as well it should be one fine per child, single parents getting charged less than a married couple. What happens if that single parent is on more than the married couple?

Why are the fines per parent as well it should be one fine per child, single parents getting charged less than a married couple. What happens if that single parent is on more than the married couple?

yes i had received two fines in November one each for me and the Mrs i forget how much for as i returned them back to the council unpaid, not heard anything from them since so i think they were waiting for the outcome from this case, they will probably re send them now but i think their may be some time scale for issuing fixed penalty notices they may have fallen foul of. on a personal note i wouldn't hesitate to do it again 'take the kid from school' under the circumstances which surrounded our reasons for going away, gradually family values are being hacked away by the system on what is solely become a money making operation from local councils. and whats not brought up is how much extra input my daughter has put into school on a voluntary basis since her five days off, she has been staying 2 hours over for 3 days a week and had gone in during last week when they had closed for Easter oh and not to mention her 98% attendance over the last 3 years,,wrong to take your child away IMO its your right to do so

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.