Tevez to return (Merged)

LoveCity

EXCLUSIVE: City and Tevez prepare to give peace a chance
Published 22:30 11/02/12 By Simon Mullock

Carlos Tevez will return to Manchester City for peace talks in the next 48 hours.

The Argentina star is planning to return from Buenos Aires by Tuesday and is ready to play his part in City’s bid to win the title.

Negotiations about bringing the 28-year-old back to the Etihad Stadium have made good progress and a compromise between club and player is expected to be brokered today.

Tevez has been absent since jetting back to his homeland without City’s permission on November 7.

He has been at war with manager Roberto Mancini since refusing to warm up as a substitute in the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich in September.

The City boss warned Tevez that he was “finished” at the club, but now accepts that his former captain could still play a crucial role.

“Carlos knows the situation,” said Mancini. “If he comes back we will talk because I have no problem with him.

“Everyone knows that Tevez is a top player and it would be better for us if he was here.

“Carlos has the ability to change a lot of games. I don’t know what whether he will come back this week, but if he does he can play a part in the last three months.

“It depends on his physical condition because he hasn’t played for four months. Maybe he can recover his strength quickly.”

Tevez has also become more conciliatory after proposed moves to AC Milan, Inter Milan and Paris St Germain collapsed last month.

City have told Corinthians that they have no hope of taking the Argentine back to Brazil on loan.

Tevez has lost £10million in fines, docked wages and withheld bonuses since last summer and knows that he must return to City to keep himself in the shop window.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-prepared-to-offer-Carlos-Tevez-return-to-the-club-article864288.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 64288.html</a>

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

Say he split from Kia and said he was badly advised would you be more open to him coming back? Think it would help for me.

Sad really. In almost 40 years of watching the blues Tevez is in my top 5 all time greats.

I think im ready to see him wear the blue shirt again.

Mike N said:
Sad really. In almost 40 years of watching the blues Tevez is in my top 5 all time greats.

I think im ready to see him wear the blue shirt again.

I would rather chew glass and nails tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.