Thank god our police aren't armed

I'm probably going to get slated for this, but what happened to respect for the police officers,

That went out of the window when they stopped being constables serving the public an turned into a collection agency for the DVLA/ Courts (Both Private company's) acting under the title "Officer".
There was a time, unless you were a wrong un you ever saw a copper except walking a beat or on crowd control, an they were for the most part ex army and hard enough to handle trouble, but they were fair minded when things happened an used a bit of common sense.
They used that because they did not have the motivation to nick people for being people, they were not on targets to nick people for no other reason than the money the court system (A Private company) would make.

So what do we have patrolling the streets to keep us all safe now, there are good polite coppers, but there are far to many arrogant ones who go into every situation with their c*nt factor turned on full, they have zero respect for the public and see things as "Us" against "Them", an nicking someone is a "result", thats the way they are being trained because of revenue into the courts rather than serving the public.

Than is why its important to stand on the rights you still have in this country, you do not have to carry ID or give your name without a f*cking good reason to anyone including the police.

True it's about balance though, if you were a copper would you have tasered the guy?
Almost certainly not,although thats not a question i could properly answer unless i found myself in that same adrenaline filled,volatile and unpredictable situation.

The Taser is a piece of kit that forms one part of an officers restraint and protection equipment,if an officer has a genuine concern for their safety, or that of another,then,in the course of their duty,they can use any item within that equipment as long as they can personally justify such.

You make an informed decision based on capability and the circumstances in front of you - It's all about personal perceived threat and the honest held belief of the individual - one size doesn't fit all,there is no right or wrong.

Almost certainly not,although thats not a question i could properly answer unless i found myself in that same adrenaline filled,volatile and unpredictable situation.

The Taser is a piece of kit that forms one part of an officers restraint and protection equipment,if an officer has a genuine concern for their safety, or that of another,then,in the course of their duty,they can use any item within that equipment as long as they can personally justify such.

You make an informed decision based on capability and the circumstances in front of you - It's all about personal perceived threat and the honest held belief of the individual - one size doesn't fit all,there is no right or wrong.

I personally feel the video would be a good training aid for recruits in how not to deal with a situation. They made some fundamental errors if they believed he was any sort of threat. We shall see what happens mate but if I was a copper I'm not sure I would want either of these two as back up especially taser girl

I personally feel the video would be a good training aid for recruits in how not to deal with a situation. They made some fundamental errors if they believed he was any sort of threat. We shall see what happens mate but if I was a copper I'm not sure I would want either of these two as back up especially taser girl
I agree,from a 'bystanders' perspective,there was plenty they could have done better (the incident escalating.....hands going to pockets,the lack of a warning etc.) hopefully they can learn something from the incident.
Its like i said previously though,many officers these days simply do not have the physical attributes or capability to deal with an aggressor,its especially true of women - and thats not sexism,its fact.She obviously felt threatened enough to justify the use of the Taser - me,you and countless others,may have chosen a different method of control but that was her choice,that she has to justify,if she can then she has no case to answer.

Its just a bloody shame the 'suspect' didnt behave in a rational manner and simply provide his details,it could have been an incident that was resolved within a few minutes rather than turning into the circus he manufactured.Again though,that was his decision and his choice.

A lot of people who are claiming they'd happily assist the police in this situation might feel differently if they were from a community that is consistently and disproportionately targeted by the police force in this way. Even our current PM recognised this fact and told them to sort it out.

If I were asked to provide my details to the police I'd find the situation a total novelty and would probably comply. If it was happening time and time again I might eventually want to tell them fuck off after a while.

The use of the taser was also a complete overreaction. Again, it's an overreaction that seems more likely to occur when a black person is involved. For all of the training the police get on this kind of thing they seem completely incapable of not freaking out when faced with an angry black person.

Stephen Lawrence's brother was stopped by police over 20 times for no reason, I'd be pretty pissed off if that were me.

I agree,from a 'bystanders' perspective,there was plenty they could have done better (the incident escalating.....hands going to pockets,the lack of a warning etc.) hopefully they can learn something from the incident.
Its like i said previously though,many officers these days simply do not have the physical attributes or capability to deal with an aggressor,its especially true of women - and thats not sexism,its fact.She obviously felt threatened enough to justify the use of the Taser - me,you and countless others,may have chosen a different method of control but that was her choice,that she has to justify,if she can then she has no case to answer.

Its just a bloody shame the 'suspect' didnt behave in a rational manner and simply provide his details,it could have been an incident that was resolved within a few minutes rather than turning into the circus he manufactured.Again though,that was his decision and his choice.

I'm slightly bewildered he is a race relations advisor

That went out of the window when they stopped being constables serving the public an turned into a collection agency for the DVLA/ Courts (Both Private company's) acting under the title "Officer".
There was a time, unless you were a wrong un you ever saw a copper except walking a beat or on crowd control, an they were for the most part ex army and hard enough to handle trouble, but they were fair minded when things happened an used a bit of common sense.
They used that because they did not have the motivation to nick people for being people, they were not on targets to nick people for no other reason than the money the court system (A Private company) would make.

So what do we have patrolling the streets to keep us all safe now, there are good polite coppers, but there are far to many arrogant ones who go into every situation with their c*nt factor turned on full, they have zero respect for the public and see things as "Us" against "Them", an nicking someone is a "result", thats the way they are being trained because of revenue into the courts rather than serving the public.

Than is why its important to stand on the rights you still have in this country, you do not have to carry ID or give your name without a f*cking good reason to anyone including the police.

The bloke filming this is a bit of a gobshite, but threatening to have him evicted is well out of order.

Thought this would be appropriate for this topic, and your comments in particular.

The man is/was a critic of the level of force police in his city use. They let him go through some fairly basic training and it seems to have opened his eyes somewhat.

Last edited:

Thought this would be appropriate for this topic, and your comments in particular.

Thean is/was a critic of the level of force police in his city use. They let him go through some fairly basic training and it seems to have opened his eyes somewhat.

Thank you for posting that.

Its very easy to judge the actions of others from the comfort of your armchair.Only when you find yourself in a similarly threatening situation can you truly understand the emotion and the thought process you are faced with and the subsequent (sometimes split second)response/decision you make.

You can receive training,and act out role plays,to your hearts content.....but a real incident,where your wellbeing,or your life,is at risk,is a unique and unenviable situation where adrenaline tends to influence an outcome - you just have to hope you make the right call and,without exception,are able to justify it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.