Thank god our police aren't armed

unless they can articulate a reasonable suspicion he has done something wrong (You look like someone is NOT grounds to escalate)
well what the fuck is then???? lone ranger type mask, black and white striped top, bag with SWAG written on it ??? clothes with arrows on them?
ffs

No, you can dress how you like, IF the coppers have a want for a guy wearing a mask, striped top and carrying a bag with swag on it then that would be grounds to detain.

It is impossible to gauge the level of threat the officers in question perceived from a crappy mobile phone video clip. We weren't there; we couldn't possibly know. His actions, and to an extent the person with the camera were the cause of that situation escalating. His body language is a dead give away; he was clearly up for the argument. All he had to do is answer a couple of questions and maybe wait for the officers to clarify the situation over the radio; 2-3 minutes maximum, then on his way. Unfortunately for him he ended up getting 50,000 volts up his jacksy for his troubles.

It is a pity we did not see the encounter from the start, but is it not also reasonable to assume the guy would not go off on one if he had been politely asked ?, it may have been a joke over showsec getting tasers, but the coppers involved in this acted like showsec.

Yes youre right. Blueonblue is describing a stop and search encounter and he is dead right in what he says about that but those are not the circumstances in which this man was being spoken to. It was as you describe, they were looking for a suspect for a crime and in the absence of any help from him as to whether he was that suspect they have a power of arrest in order to take him in and establish if he was that person or not. if not, he would be released. His charging for an offence, it was a public order matter, is not the offence that the original suspect was wanted for, because he was not the person wanted for that matter. Nobody other than the CPS lawyer will know why that charge of some public order offence was dropped.
Thank you for clarifying it. I appreciate it.

Saw a few armed policemen with guns in Bluewater during midweek. What the f***!?

Just watched the video perhaps if the guy with the camera put his intelligence to better use rather than wandering round getting involved in things that dont concern him the country would be in a better place
I wasn't there so I don't know if the guy dropped the cigarette butt ? Probably , then it takes four people to sort it out because of someone is interfering.frankly I don't want to wander around shopping centres strewn with rubbish it's called being decent and having respect for others.
The police and wardens could then get on with preventing and detecting crime rather than being involved in petty disputes

I was looking for this when the tread was current but only just found it again.

I dont care if you are Mother Teresa, any interaction with the police no matter how innocent you are can go pear shaped to the point of being assaulted with a potentially deadly weapon (Taser)at the drop of a hat because they see you as the enemy rather than the very people they are supposed to protect.

The only change I would suggest is if you have a phone record or film the interaction, other than that listen to the man.

I was looking for this when the tread was current but only just found it again.

I dont care if you are Mother Teresa, any interaction with the police no matter how innocent you are can go pear shaped to the point of being assaulted with a potentially deadly weapon (Taser)at the drop of a hat because they see you as the enemy rather than the very people they are supposed to protect.

The only change I would suggest is if you have a phone record or film the interaction, other than that listen to the man.

Ah so that is where you got it from. Wondered what you were talking about and why you were so confused about it through the thread. Now it makes sense. Thanks for posting that utter tripe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.