Thanks for filling Wembley....you're banned!

City very quick to ban season card holders for very little but let in journalists for free (and provide them with lavish refreshments) despite them writing lies and fake news to undermine the club. Easy targets , I suppose?
When it suits them we are customers but when it suits them we are football fans i.e. beneath contempt. There will be some **** at the club who justifies his own existence by banning as many people as possible. Possibly the same person who decided that generally supporters couldn't be afforded enough respect to have their ticket in their hand when they flew to another country to watch a match. Hopefully like the ticket collection shambles they will start to show a little more common sense in future and not use temporary bans as the first way of dealing with every minor indiscretion.

or to look at things another way. out of what 35000+ season ticket holders, very few ever get banned.

I suppose its how you view things

Apologies if I have hit a nerve with some people, perhaps I should have ensured that the quote I was intending to address showed up in my post.

"There will be some **** at the club who justifies his own existence by banning as many people as possible."

Maybe you think that stating a fact in response to an absurd comment is offensive, but it was in no way meant to be a reference to the OP, as I like pretty much every poster here am not in full knowledge of the facts so cannot make any judgement .

The chasm between the club and the fan's grows wider and wider with each passing season. Going to a game is no longer enjoyable it is becoming a chore, something we do out of some brainwashed sense of loyalty that has been ingrained in us over the years. It is no longer a stress relief from everyday life it now just adds to that stress.

We are monitored, pushed, prodded, searched, treated like a suspect criminal by some wet behind the ears moron in a high visibility jacket, this is before we even get into the ground. If we lose our rag we are threatened with being banned. Inside the ground isn't much better and hanging over our head are a whole raft of rules and regulations half of which you are not aware of until you fall foul of one. In spite of a far superior transport infrastructure, on paper, than we have ever had getting home appears more problematic than it ever was.

On the field of play the obvious bias of the officials is becoming even more blatant and bold with each passing game. I never celebrate a " Goal" spontaniously now until I have double checked if the cheat in black has allowed it. Penalty calls not given and allowing our opponents to kick our star men out of the game with impunity before booking almost every challenge by a player in blue. All this without a whimper from the club so the bias grows more and more bold, like a badly behaved child left unchecked they run amok and destroy our hopes and dreams in the process. Like a bullied victim we grow exhausted by it all until we just want out and for us that out is just walking away from the whole sorry mess that is modern football and the club I once loved but I now hardly recognise anymore.
Great post

Apologies if I have hit a nerve with some people, perhaps I should have ensured that the quote I was intending to address showed up in my post.

"There will be some **** at the club who justifies his own existence by banning as many people as possible."

Maybe you think that stating a fact in response to an absurd comment is offensive, but it was in no way meant to be a reference to the OP, as I like pretty much every poster here am not in full knowledge of the facts so cannot make any judgement .
You may think what I said was absurd but I'd counter that if people are getting temporary bans for things like this then there is someone at the club who is using that punishment as a first option rather than as a last option. That is the only thing here that is absurd.

Great post

Thanks. It a actually pained me to write it but I am beginning to feel further and further from the club I once loved. Peter Swales was an absolute disaster as chairman but I still have two hand written letters he sent me in the eighties. Today I would be lucky to receive a reply.

The chasm between the club and the fan's grows wider and wider with each passing season. Going to a game is no longer enjoyable it is becoming a chore, something we do out of some brainwashed sense of loyalty that has been ingrained in us over the years. It is no longer a stress relief from everyday life it now just adds to that stress.

We are monitored, pushed, prodded, searched, treated like a suspect criminal by some wet behind the ears moron in a high visibility jacket, this is before we even get into the ground. If we lose our rag we are threatened with being banned. Inside the ground isn't much better and hanging over our head are a whole raft of rules and regulations half of which you are not aware of until you fall foul of one. In spite of a far superior transport infrastructure, on paper, than we have ever had getting home appears more problematic than it ever was.

On the field of play the obvious bias of the officials is becoming even more blatant and bold with each passing game. I never celebrate a " Goal" spontaniously now until I have double checked if the cheat in black has allowed it. Penalty calls not given and allowing our opponents to kick our star men out of the game with impunity before booking almost every challenge by a player in blue. All this without a whimper from the club so the bias grows more and more bold, like a badly behaved child left unchecked they run amok and destroy our hopes and dreams in the process. Like a bullied victim we grow exhausted by it all until we just want out and for us that out is just walking away from the whole sorry mess that is modern football and the club I once loved but I now hardly recognise anymore.

What a brilliant post - sums up everything I feel these days.
I started attending football matches around 35 years ago in non-league, season ticket for City now around the 17 year Mark .
Non-league looks the much better option these days - least you know what you'll get

What a brilliant post - sums up everything I feel these days.
I started attending football matches around 35 years ago in non-league, season ticket for City now around the 17 year Mark .
Non-league looks the much better option these days - least you know what you'll get

The thing is all non league clubs and their fans aspire to be where we are now. I felt slightly guilty writing the post because our owner has been magnificent for our club and has given me some of the best memories of following CIty, memories I will take to my grave. Without his input and money none of those memories would have been created. Things were great at first but somewhere since the takeover we have lost our way. I cannot pinpoint exactly when but it has led to me feeling the way I do, hence my post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.