''That's My Spot''

ccr

Just watching a scene in the Big Bang Theory in which Sheldon says "That's my spot ". Brought back memories from the Kippax. Always had the same place, anyone new stood there and it was, "Sorry pal ,that's where I stand" "Can't you stand there ?". A look of incredulity spread across my face. "I always stand there ". If the guy was bigger than me I just waited till the Yorkshire blues arrived. They stood in front of me, so I waited in their spot. "We stand here!"
"I know but he's in my spot. "
"Shift, that's his spot "
If the game was crap , you could spend the first half watching this guy getting moved all over the Kippax.
Remember once away at Juventus, empty seats everywhere (true, other grounds have them ) picked a seat sat down, no one near me. Just before kick off an old Italian points to where I was sat and showed me his ticket. Hundreds of spaces, but it was his seat.
Just a little memory, but I was bored.

My spot in the old Kippax was always just to the left of the tunnel closest to the Platt Lane. Wanted to be close to the away fans, but not close enough to get hit by coins!

I went to that gig second night ...pissed it down ...terence trent darby and alison moyet as support. Took nearly 2 hours to get away to Platt lane.

Reminds me of the rows around me in 110 - no one stands in there designated spot (on their ticket) but everyone has stood in the same place for years (next to their mates). Causes trouble at Cup games - 'you're stood in my seat'..... 'No I've stood here for the last ten years'

I went to that gig second night ...pissed it down ...terence trent darby and alison moyet as support. Took nearly 2 hours to get away to Platt lane.

I thought it was James in support, might be wrong though (maybe a different tour) but I got separated from the group of friends I was with that night. All none mancunians, they ended up lost and wandered around Moss Side for hours.....

My 1st game stood in the Kippax was the night game against Liverpool in 91 when White got 2, I was 11 my dad had finally given in to 4 year's of "can we stand in the Kippax , can we stand in the Kippax " . What a night it was absolutely packed we stood on the half way line gripping on to the fence right at the front , spent the rest of the season in the same spot haha, brilliant memories.

When I was a kid I used to always stand at the same green gate in the Kippax. It was the one where there was a massive kick off in the 5-1, I was surrounded by fighting and cried like a baby. My uncle took us up to the top of the stand where I duly missed all six goals.

When I was a kid I used to always stand at the same green gate in the Kippax. It was the one where there was a massive kick off in the 5-1, I was surrounded by fighting and cried like a baby. My uncle took us up to the top of thee stand where I duly missed all six goals.

That's not how a 21 year old should behave...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.