Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make sense if we had less possession than any other team but when teams like QPR who are close to the bottom of the possession stats get more free kicks than us it raises questions about why.

The weaker clubs do pick up a lot of free kicks when defending corners. We will probably have a net loss on free kicks awarded at corners because most of ours are attacking ones and refs always favour the defenders at corners.

I think refs tend to favour bigger clubs when it comes to the big decisions, but let the smaller clubs get away with murder in midfield. There have been a few times in the past when City and Arsenal have been criticised for not getting stuck in at places like Stoke, but on the couple of occasions when we tried to play Stoke at their own game we were savaged by the refs.

Yes particularly if you think the world is out to get you. For any rational person they would just think he has forgotten a ref. I even discuss City players sometimes and have completely forgotten about them. Peter Beardsley for example.

Peter Beardsley was two decades ago; Peter Walton two years (thus post-takeover). There are many players, few PL referees, and fewer dreadful ones. To never bring a bit-part player to mind is one thing: it is quite another to confess ignorance once that player has been named with context, especially so where the context has a putative resemblance to a stated and demonstrated interest. As you bespeak a fixed interest in the question at-hand (which is not the relative decline of Milan fashion houses, farming methods in Kamchatka, or Wayne Rooney's taste for Weetabix and jam) you can understand - as a rational person - the cocking of an eyebrow vis-à-vis ignorance of Walton who was no bit-part referee.

In any case, you are late to this and your posting demonstrates that clearly. You conflate the influence of gambling (especially in-game), the development of FFP (you recall the Abramovich-Platini meeting when it all began) and our presentation through the various means of communication yet fail to see that all the actors - despite cross-cutting and conflict - do have a commonality and that is management - management (or steering if you prefer) of MCFC as is and presented.

It is unfortunate that the question - the real question - "is MCFC the subject of steering by outside actors who have complimentary and conflicting motives" has from the off been posited as a grassy-knolled affair of interest only to the childish and delusional when what underlies the steering is nothing more and nothing less than corruption of heart, and surely that is of interest to every man?

I do not like corruption. I like it even less when it feigns naïveté or assumes noble airs to bewitch or relies on the inherently good nature of man as a defence to its own wickedness.

This is not a zero-sum game (the most obvious of straw men) but the management of a participant in the most extensive game yet known to the planet where that participant is in the most popular and richest sub-set. There are men a-plenty willing and able to skim a little here and there by placing their fingers on the scales of this global industry, and that most certainly includes those tasked with the collection and dissemination of information.

Absolute fucking nonsense. We draw fouls, we just don't get as many free kicks. I've lost count of the times I've seen David Silva left in a heap on the floor only for the ref to completely ignore it. Same with Aguero, how many pens should he have had this year?

answer this one all the rags on here.
how come we get like 5 yellow cards and our opponents none when we were having 70% possession? tackle our own players now do we?

Walton was a cheat. posted this a few times but i'll post it again.
we were at stoke away and walton had been at it. with the tunnel being in the corner he walked right past us and the stoke fans. the stoke fans were cheering him, as walton got close he put his thumb in acknowledgement. not in the air but in front of his midriff in a sly manner. a cheat alright and was rightly fucked off by the FA very soon after.

Yes particularly if you think the world is out to get you. For any rational person they would just think he has forgotten a ref. I even discuss City players sometimes and have completely forgotten about them. Peter Beardsley for example.

Any rational person might think it odd that you never saw Walton referee considering he reffed in the premiership for 9 years from 2003 until as recently as 2012 and left under a cloud mid season.
Like yourself Frank he also suffered from a bad memory and famously forgot to take his red and yellow cards with him for an Everton-Birmingham game in 2011 and showed invisible cards to players.

You fuckers have no idea what a fucking agenda is..........

agenda-chart-620x348.jpg

We used to be not very good.
This gave us lots to moan about.
So we became good at moaning - moaning wove its way into our DNA.
Now we are very good.
So we don't have so much to moan about.
Who can provide an outlet for this deep-rooted, well-honed aspect of our fans' psyche?
The media. And their anti-City pro-Rag agenda.
Why should anyone do anything about it?
Doing something about it might make things change.
And if things changed, who would then provide an outlet for this deep-rooted, well-honed aspect of our fans' psyche?
So leave 'em be. And stop moaning. Or not.

DNA

Rag.

Mike Keegan at the Daily Fail just can't help himself once again.

James Milner set to sign for Liverpool after snubbing £165,000-a-week contract offer from Manchester City
By Mike Keegan For Mailonline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.