Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to the remaining few ostriches there is no anti City agenda and the majority of us that think there is are paranoid and clowns, apparently. I wish I could find a pair of their rose coloured glasses. Maybe they get handed out free when you leave home games early for a restaurant booking.
they are not ostriches, they dont wear tinted glasses. they are simply non blues joining our forum.

Just found this for sale on eBay, seems We had an agenda back in 76-77 season. Don't know much about it other than what it says in the description.

You old cunts weren't happy that match of the day criticized City even after a victory against Arsenal. So you flap caps brought these out...

19276f37b5218dacee5fe968af517f95.jpg

Cheers mate, I didn't know that, so you bought a badge ?

I didn't, but if you look at a few of the youtube clips from those days, you'll hear, "Jimmy Hill is a wanker, is a wanker!" coming loud and clear from the Kippax. What spacecadet says is the reason for that. As he says, Hill gave Kiddo a slating on MotD after the Arsenal game. Tony Book, in his autobiography, actually blames Hill's comments for City not winning the league that season. We ended up missing out on the title by a point to Liverpool and Book says that Kidd was badly affected by the comments, losing form for a few weeks. IIRC, we had a long unbeaten run that was ended a week later by Bristol City and suffered a poor run generally in late February and early March. There may have been other reasons as well, but anyway, I'm quite happy to vilify the big-chinned twat for costing us the title!

It would seem the media are out for Sterling

When Milner joined Liverpool there was mention of him being on lower wages but not a single mention could I find of a signing on fee which for a free transfer player would be unheard of

Yet Sterling who wont get a signing on fee but it is being claimed he will get a cut of his agents fee of £4m

Cue the taunts about him coming to us "just because the money" he will get booed and barracked ala Ireland game throughout the season. Certain players especially players coming to City seem to get this treatment, Nasri and Adebayor from Arsenal the media still have not got it in their heads that moving to City is a big step up for most players rather than a big payday

Potentially this could ruin Sterling in some ways as he will have to be a strong person to cope with the vitriol that is likely to head his way

Potentially this could ruin Sterling in some ways as he will have to be a strong person to cope with the vitriol that is likely to head his way
Doubtful, mate. By agitating for a move at such a young age, from a club whose fans are known for treating rejection in a predictably graceless fashion, he has shown himself to be mentally tough and decisive imo.

Most leading professional sportsmen are mentally strong when it comes to their work. Mentally weak people don't normally climb the greasy pole of professional football. It's a tough, brutal business where any brittleness is exposed soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.