The Album Review Club - Week #122 - (page 1438) A Black Mile To The Surface – Manchester Orchestra

Great review as usual Foggy, not sure I agree with it all, although I accept there are a number of similarities between TWB , PF, EATB and a number of other 80s bands
around at the time including The Alarm and Simple Minds both which I can’t stand.
I think the big difference with TWB or MS is that they continued to reinvent themselves every few albums , the album after this one ‘Fisherman Blues’ being case in point.

I’m definitely not an Alarm fan but I do like Sparkle In The Rain by SM, and New Gold Dream is okay. Otherwise their output was in between banal and infuriating.
I’ve picked up on an anti-Alarm sentiment in the music threads before and I don’t understand it. Is is because Mike Peters is a United fan?

I’m sure people will come on here and says it’s because they shite or crap, but what I’m struggling to understand is why people think that?

All I can assume is that nobody has heard the Change album.

I’ve picked up on an anti-Alarm sentiment in the music threads before and I don’t understand it. Is is because Mike Peters is a United fan?

I’m sure people will come on here and says it’s because they shite or crap, but what I’m struggling to understand is why people think that?

Oh, sorry — not that I’ve heard much by them — really meant more that I’m not a fan of them like I am E and TB or PF or 1.5 records of SM (and not the rest) comparatively. I do recall listening to a record by them that was okay but not memorable (clearly since I can’t remember it).

What I’ve heard of The Alarm , I’d always considered them as an inferior U2,
I’ve never listened to the ‘Change’ album until today and unfortunately bar the odd track my opinion hasn’t changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.