The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that flapping?

Realistically we're going into the new season having added Nolito. Not one person in May would have been praying we signed Nolito.

Gundogan won't be fit for the start and then he'll be eased in. So we're starting with the same sluggish midfield as last year.

I'm sorry but even if the other two additions for this season in stones and sane sign then we haven't addressed any of the glaring weaknesses from last year.

I don't think anyone would have expected Zabaleta, Kolarov, Mangala, Toure, Fernando and Bony ALL to still be here.

It's an underwhelming window. Hope Pep is as good as we all expect him to be.

Now thats a double Flappy! If we signed no one we would compete for the premier and cups with Pep as out manager plus cant see the disaster of injuries we had last season at the most important times.

Now thats a double Flappy! If we signed no one we would compete for the premier and cups with Pep as out manager plus cant see the disaster of injuries we had last season at the most important times.

on a serious note...have we replaced the medical team (did Pep bring with him his own?)

You're chatting shit.

The old boss should have had us playing better but there are huge questions over the quality of Zaba, Kolarov, Bony, Fernando and Toure moving forward.

Even Pep can't make Bony in to a good player. Even god himself couldn't.

You're chatting shit.

The old boss should have had us playing better but there are huge questions over the quality of Zaba, Kolarov, Bony, Fernando and Toure moving forward.

Even Pep can't make Bony in to a good player. Even god himself couldn't.

Funny we got fourth and a cup with all the injuries we had plus a manager void of ideas.

Funny we got fourth and a cup with all the injuries we had plus a manager void of ideas.
Nice spin mate, I can spin it as 1 league cup in 2 seasons despite spending hundreds of millions of pounds on Mangala and Sterling. Also since when is finishing 4th on goal difference an achievement? Are we arsenal now?

It's an easy response. But you've simply got to look at the signs.

We never sign anyone completely out of the blue. We're linked heavily with Stones, Sane, Jesus and Moreno. That will be our business.

Robinho
Gareth Barry
Jack Rodwell
Javi Garcia
Gael Cilchy

All signed out of the blue plus there are probably more I cant remember. However we are dealing with 2 transfers which will be more than £40M and 2 transfers from south American teams. All these deals will be complex and will take time. Plus Pep has proven at Barcelona and Munich players adapt to his style and methods quickly so just show a little patience

Nice spin mate, I can spin it as 1 league cup in 2 seasons despite spending hundreds of millions of pounds on Mangala and Sterling. Also since when is finishing 4th on goal difference an achievement? Are we arsenal now?

No! my point was we underperformed last season but with all the injuries the manager and apathy from fans and players it was an achievement! So my point still stands we have the best manager in world plus players motivated injury free and hopefully not as bad as a record injury record as last season, We would compete on all fronts with no new signings, if you cant see that your just blinded by pure negativity or just want to win an Argument, if its the latter you win I dont so point scoring.

What do we do now that all the incoming players look sorted? Pretty short and boring summer if you ask me. The only positive that was unexpected was Gabriel which was a hell of a surprise for me. It's mostly been some minor hype and a major letdown by laporte. Some of us bit on that world record bid possibility and that was about it other than aubameyang. I suppose another letdown for some was Kroos which I didn't even think about happening.

I'm not anticipating anything else, especially big. Anyone getting their hopes up for anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.