The battle for 3rd place

To be honest wouldn't surprise me,one thing we can be sure of is that German team (possible dark horse,not to win the thing but cause a few upsets)Leipzig will be in our group ..
Don't think RB Leipzig are being allowed to enter as RB Salzburg also qualified, winning their league in doing so.

UEFA rules state if owners have more than one club, only one can enter a competition, and that has to be the team with the highest league placing.

Don't think RB Leipzig are being allowed to enter as RB Salzburg also qualified, winning their league in doing so.

UEFA rules state if owners have more than one club, only one can enter a competition, and that has to be the team with the highest league placing.
Interesting so who gets their spot can't see them being happy if that's the case ..

I think the saying the table doesn't lie was very true this season, particularly for the top 7 teams.

Chelsea were consistent and ground wins out when not playing particularly well. Not being in Europe helped and fortunate with injuries. 93 points is pretty impressive.

Spurs played some great stuff. Goal difference was best in the league and in other seasons they would have won the league with that points haul. I think they would have been knocking on the door next season had they not been moving.

We played some great stuff at times but a mid season dip, poor results against the top teams and some poor decisions cost us. I think 3rd is a fair reflection of how we played though.

Liverpool had some great results against the top teams but poor against the lesser ones. Played some nice stuff at times though.

The circus surrounding Arsenal and Wenger can't have helped them and their form was hit and miss. Why they only turn it on when it doesn't matter as much is a mental thing for me. Too many mentally weak players.

Rags were just shite. Worst rag team I've seen in many years. Mourinho and his constant whinging suited them down to a tee. No doubt their fans will hail this season if they win on Wed but in the league they have finished where they deserved to finish.

Everton did what they do best. We gave them a lovely kick start with our terrible goodison performance and they were comfortably better than anyone else below them.

As for the rest. Terrible. Southampton finishing 8th on 46 points! Most teams went to the beach once safe. Poor
for their fans. It seems that once they get their staying up bonus it's thoughts of Marbella...

I think the saying the table doesn't lie was very true this season, particularly for the top 7 teams.

Chelsea were consistent and ground wins out when not playing particularly well. Not being in Europe helped and fortunate with injuries. 93 points is pretty impressive.

Spurs played some great stuff. Goal difference was best in the league and in other seasons they would have won the league with that points haul. I think they would have been knocking on the door next season had they not been moving.

We played some great stuff at times but a mid season dip, poor results against the top teams and some poor decisions cost us. I think 3rd is a fair reflection of how we played though.

Liverpool had some great results against the top teams but poor against the lesser ones. Played some nice stuff at times though.

The circus surrounding Arsenal and Wenger can't have helped them and their form was hit and miss. Why they only turn it on when it doesn't matter as much is a mental thing for me. Too many mentally weak players.

Rags were just shite. Worst rag team I've seen in many years. Mourinho and his constant whinging suited them down to a tee. No doubt their fans will hail this season if they win on Wed but in the league they have finished where they deserved to finish.

Everton did what they do best. We gave them a lovely kick start with our terrible goodison performance and they were comfortably better than anyone else below them.

As for the rest. Terrible. Southampton finishing 8th on 46 points! Most teams went to the beach once safe. Poor
for their fans. It seems that once they get their staying up bonus it's thoughts of Marbella..

On that last point, I found some of the performances from teams in the closing games to be highly unprofessional. It's nonsense when you hear managers and pundits spouting forth about it being a fiercely competitive league and the culture being one of trying hard irrespective of the league position.

On that last point, I found some of the performances from teams in the closing games to be highly unprofessional. It's nonsense when you hear managers and pundits spouting forth about it being a fiercely competitive league and the culture being one of trying hard irrespective of the league position.

This season's top 6 averaged 10 more points each than last season's top 6, mainly at the expense of the mid table teams.

This season's top 6 averaged 10 more points each than last season's top 6, mainly at the expense of the mid table teams.
Yep - the very poor general performance of teams occupying 8th to 17th has really skewed the shape of the table

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.