The battle for 3rd place

On that last point, I found some of the performances from teams in the closing games to be highly unprofessional. It's nonsense when you hear managers and pundits spouting forth about it being a fiercely competitive league and the culture being one of trying hard irrespective of the league position.

I totally agree. West Brom and Watford's performances against us were clear examples of teams giving up before the game had started.

I totally agree. West Brom and Watford's performances against us were clear examples of teams giving up before the game had started.

You can add Leicester City and Hull City to the mix as well. Spurs barely broke sweat and plundered 13 goals from the pair in games where there was nothing but pride to play for; and there was precious little of that shown by either culprit.

Draw for the Champions League group stages is not until the 4th August. Obviously we have to wait to see if Liverpool qualify.

In some ways it will be better if our rivals are in it as the last two title winners have come from teams not in the Champions League. Man Utd might think differently, but I think the Champions League is much more demanding than the Europa league.,,,,unless you are a top seed in which case the group stages are a formality - like playing a series of Europa league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.