The battle for 3rd place

If the Rags win the Thursday night cup and gain Champs League spot is it then down to top 3 or still top 4?

If that happens England would have 5 clubs in the CL next year
Ignoring Leicester for England to have 5 clubs in the CL Rags have to win Europa and finish outside the top 4, If they finish fourth although they qualify for CL through two different mechanisms the 5th place team do not get a spot. We have to finish top 4 to qualify. United can qualify either by finishing top 4 or by winning EL, if they do both the fifth place team does not get a place by my understanding.

1 Chelsea
2 City
3 Spurs
4 Liverpool

Given the fixtures I think arsenal and united will just miss out, we have to beat those two though.

Utd could win the Europa League but they have very little chance in the Premier League because they are not good enough

I've predicted that they will not make top 4 since before the season began and will stand by that. They just dont have the quality required and struggle for goals.

As for Europa league, bookies have them as favorites. They have a good chance. Personally think Lyon will win it. They score a lot of goals and have some quality players. Also seems Lacazette is leaving this summer, I imagine he would love to leave them with a trophy. I am fairly sure that they these European draws are fixed so rags will get the easiest path to the final as they have had in many competitions. Just had a look on Wikipedia at the groups they get in European football and its really laughable. They always get the easiest draws and avoid all the top teams. Compare it to us and we either get the group of death or a group with Bayern, Barca, etc.

Think it'll finish:

Chelsea
City
Spurs
Liverpool
U*ited
Arsenal

But unfortunately I think the rags will win the Europa. There's just no one quite good enough left. But it would be hilarious if they lost to one of the remaining sides.

But unfortunately I think the rags will win the Europa. There's just no one quite good enough left. But it would be hilarious if they lost to one of the remaining sides.

I watch the weekly Bundesliga highlights package and have been impressed with the recent form of Schalke - could give the rags a hard time if they got drawn together

I watch the weekly Bundesliga highlights package and have been impressed with the recent form of Schalke - could give the rags a hard time if they got drawn together
Would love it if they did. Many of the better sides have been knocked out the last couple of rounds. Roma and Lyon being paired together certainly didn't help. Would pmsl if they lost to Lyon in the final on a winning goal by Depay

Arse (A) 1pt
Chelsea (A) 0pt
Hull (H) 3pt
Southampton (A) 1pt
rags (H) 1pt only because we'll get some shit decision go against us.
Boro (A) 3pt
Palace (H) 3pt
Leicester (H) 3pt
Watford (A) 3pt
WBA (H) 3pt

21 pts out of 30 will it be enough? I'd say just about its going to be tough.
That Leicester match worries me. We made them look like champions when they were relegation fodder so not sure how it will pan out now they are bang in form again. Certainly Pep is going to have to have a good think about how we set up because our usual way of playing is a wet dream for Leicester IMO.

That Leicester match worries me. We made them look like champions when they were relegation fodder so not sure how it will pan out now they are bang in form again. Certainly Pep is going to have to have a good think about how we set up because our usual way of playing is a wet dream for Leicester IMO.
That is where I expect pep to show his worth. I can forgive him the first game but he now knows the prem, the style these teams use, he knows his squad better, we should be winning that and my God I am looking forward to it. If we play with no fear we will win

That is where I expect pep to show his worth. I can forgive him the first game but he now knows the prem, the style these teams use, he knows his squad better, we should be winning that and my God I am looking forward to it. If we play with no fear we will win
Are you suggesting he didn't fully understand how Leicester play going into the first match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.