The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realise that. Makes it a little more difficult for them. You have cheered me up no end, might just have another dram on the back of that. Maybe 4 points out of the last 2 games will be enough, I'm a lot more confident now especially as Norwich are fighting for their lives.
We only need 3 more points rags and hammers will pick up no more than 7 points from the last 3 games.

I think some of you guys are half glass empty merchants.

Utd play first away to Norwich. Not an easy game given Norwich are fighting for their lives and made life difficult for us last week.

An advantage for both us and you playing a day later knowing what's required.

Yes, of course Utd are expected to win but should they fail to, say dropping 2 points. With West Ham to play away they are basically dead in the water.

Come on Norwich!!

I think some of you guys are half glass empty merchants.

Utd play first away to Norwich. Not an easy game given Norwich are fighting for their lives and made life difficult for us last week.

An advantage for both us and you playing a day later knowing what's required.

Yes, of course Utd are expected to win but should they fail to, say dropping 2 points. With West Ham to play away they are basically dead in the water.

Come on Norwich!!

The glass half empty or glass half full is well used.

I'd be interested to know after the Southampton debacle, was your glass half full or half empty?

Last edited:
We will get top 4 and if we win on Sunday I think we will finish 3rd.

I agree, but we'd only be 7 points in front of them. If they won their three games we'd still need to go to Swansea and win.

One game at a time I think. Leicester won the league by not kicking a ball. I feel we can achieve top four status in exactly the same way. The rags trip to West Ham is the toughest game they have.

I just hope we can win or get the score draw we need tomorrow to get through.

In 1970 Joe Mercer and Big Mal faced the same situation. United on the Saturday and Schalke away a few days later in the ECWC Semi final. They played our strongest team in each game and we got through. Why we didn't do the same. (Thanks to Gary James) for pointing this out.
Joe used to say that the best way to train for a football game is by playing a football game. I think, if he'd had his way, there would've been a game every day - and I'm sure with Big Mal's coaching City would've won more than they lost.

I think we're relying on West Ham to stop the rags.
Norwich don't have the skill to hurt them, all they have is hard work. The rags aren't exactly blessed in the skill department but are more skilful than Norwich and work just as hard.
It was our lack of workrate and application that cost us two points at Carrow Road.
But if we beat Arsenal we'll go to Swansea on a high and probably win there as well.

This might sound like a stupid qn but I'm a little confused with the stipulations.

If we get 4th, lose out CL and Liverpool wins Europa. Do we still get CL qualifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.