The Best Start in Premier League History.

The Battle of Britain officially ended in October 1940. We won.
Alright, alright. So, Ok...apart from the Battle Of Britain,The Battle of Hastings, the under 17 FIFA World Cup, Agincourt in 1415 and Trafalger...no-one...and I mean no-one, has ever won anything in October.

Alright, alright. So, Ok...apart from the Battle Of Britain,The Battle of Hastings, the under 17 FIFA World Cup, Agincourt in 1415 and Trafalger...no-one...and I mean no-one, has ever won anything in October.
The rags won "world's fastest fire drill" in October 2011.

Notes of caution.

We've been running Silva, Fern and KDB into the ground. Fernandinho in particular seems utterly essential so an injury there could be very bad news.
Jesus is so young he could have a major, season long dip in form. This has to be considered alongside Aguero's injury record.
There is a slight problem with defence.
Most teams have a peak around December, so we might find tougher opposition. Pitch conditions change in winter too.
And the Business end (last 10 games, +CL semis etc) is the be all and end all.

Still, I don't see anyone else reaching our level. Utd possibly will make their plan work if Pogba comes back. ATM the general play looks miles off but they are picking up points. They have a team of 6ft + monsters, as physically impressive as any PL team I''ve seen..... and IMO they are sorely missing his passing. Spurs are a fine team but....

I think we already have a 75% chance of winning the league. I really do. The only problem is 75% of the time I'm wrong.
But our rivals also have to run through the same ground - except maybe Arsenal. Are they still rivals. Just about maybe. They can be killed off this weekend, but they are also strong enough to damage us.

But our rivals also have to run through the same ground - except maybe Arsenal. Are they still rivals. Just about maybe. They can be killed off this weekend, but they are also strong enough to damage us.
They're playing for fourth, I don't think anyone at that club sees them as title challengers.

Interesting stats about slow starting champions. Apparently no team has ever been 7 points or more behind after 10 games and gone on to win the title. The most ever is 6 points behind at this point. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are currently 8, 9, 9 & 12 points behind!
Remember we were 8 points behind with 6 games to play in 2012.

They're playing for fourth, I don't think anyone at that club sees them as title challengers.
The quicker we can knock the thought of a title campaign out of our rivals heads the better. No one saw Leicester as challengers, but they started to believe and once they did became difficult to stop. Self-belief is often the crucial element that separates teams.

It was very obvious from early on in the 2012/13 season that we weren't going to retain the title. The hunger and belief had evaporated. Right now, I looks like City v Utd but still early. Teams can go on runs and develop.

The quicker we can knock the thought of a title campaign out of our rivals heads the better. No one saw Leicester as challengers, but they started to believe and once they did became difficult to stop. Self-belief is often the crucial element that separates teams.

It was very obvious from early on in the 2012/13 season that we weren't going to retain the title. The hunger and belief had evaporated. Right now, I looks like City v Utd but still early. Teams can go on runs and develop.

I'm still worried about United to be honest. Despite some people on here laughing at me for it.

But Peg has ALWAYS won the league in his second season, and although United are utter gash, they defend very well indeed and are a big side who can nick a goal at the end and pick up the points - Saturday just gone being case in point. They will not lose many games this season I suspect, and it's vital we beat them in our head to heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.