"The best they've played all season" and bad luck

Grand Master Ram Rod

"That's the best we've/they've played all season".

I've heard this so many times this year, when compared to other seasons, I've never heard it.

I think most teams are upping there game against us now.

Hull, Bolton and Spurs are just 3 recent examples where I've heard pundits and opposition fans say "that's the best they've/we've played all season".

Also how much bad luck have we had this season?

Richards disallowed goal v Pompey.
Richards disallowed goal v Fulham?
Fergietime bollocks.
Bolton's 1st goal.
Bolton's 2nd goal.
Bellamy's sending off.
SWP penalty waved away v Wigan.
Hull's penalty.
Dawson handball waved away v Spuds.
And probably loads more...

I'm not saying we haven't played bad in some games and I'm not looking for excuses but it is frustrating that teams seem to turn it on against us and surely we're due some good luck and some decisions to go our way soon.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:

I've heard this so many times this year, when compared to other seasons, I've never heard it.

Hull, Bolton and Spurs are just 3 recent examples where I've heard pundits and opposition fans say "that's the best they've/we've played all season".

Fergietime bollocks.
Bolton's 1st goal.
Bolton's 2nd goal.
Bellamy's sending off.
Hull's penalty.

I'm not saying we haven't played bad in some games and I'm not looking for excuses but it is frustrating that teams seem to turn it on against us and surely we're due some good luck and some decisions to go our way soon.

What about the Brum penalty miss (fuck me where we be now if they had scored), Wolves hitting the bar, Nugent's glaring miss for Pompey, Chelsea missed pen etc

It goes both ways. We definitely can't hide behind excuses for where we are at present.

Definitely agree opposition teams are putting more in aganst us now but it comes with the territory.

Could not agree more with the bad luck part. We seem to be getting the rough end of the stick from a number of refs.

Fergietime bollocks.
Bolton's 1st goal.
Bolton's 2nd goal.
Bellamy's sending off.
Hull's penalty.

I would find it hard to believe that any EPL team has had more shite within the season's 90 mins. As Ollie Holt intimated in the week, how many other EPL players have been sent off for being fouled. Who's the idiot we have got tomorrow. Don't tell me it's Attwell, or Mason, or Probert, can't be Wiley, and not Howie Webbcam, oh dearie God, not Atkinson. Mike Dean?

Oh we're doomed!

BL2blue said:

Fergietime bollocks.
Bolton's 1st goal.
Bolton's 2nd goal.
Bellamy's sending off.
Hull's penalty.

What about the Brum penalty miss (fuck me where we be now if they had scored), Wolves hitting the bar, Nugent's glaring miss for Pompey, Chelsea missed pen etc

It goes both ways. We definitely can't hide behind excuses for where we are at present.

Definitely agree opposition teams are putting more in aganst us now but it comes with the territory.
The thing is most of them are bad misses or good saves. We've missed some sitters too. I mean the bad luck is coming from the refs awarding us nout and other teams lots. I'm not one of these fans who thinks every pundit/referee/fan are against City and want us to fail and like to consider myself not very biast but some of the refereeing decisions this season have been a joke.

So what you are saying is we can spend hundreds of millions buying players but it's a bloke on £50 grand a year who decides who wins matches. Hmmmm interesting theory, but surely someone would have already thought of that.

BL2blue said:

The thing is most of them are bad misses or good saves. We've missed some sitters too. I mean the bad luck is coming from the refs awarding us nout and other teams lots. I'm not one of these fans who thinks every pundit/referee/fan are against City and want us to fail and like to consider myself not very biast but some of the refereeing decisions this season have been a joke.

Exactly - that's why we bought Shay Given. The point here is we're not talking about incidents in play - teams will create and miss chances. Lescott arguably missed a sitter against Bolton.

The point is that referees are having far too much influence on the outcome of our games. The great thing is that inspite of this we are still within touch of the top 4. That's why I'm encouraged - that despite this run and the number of decisions we have had against us we are still in contention.

If you ally that to the fact that we have played 9 games away and 7 at home when Liverpool and Spurs have played 9 and Villa have played 8 it is likely that both Liverpool and Spurs (our competitors) should be 4-6 points ahead of us assuming you agree that home games are easier than away. Then you factor in the game in hand and our situation to date looks good imo.

All this considered I think we are on course for where we should be at this stage inspite of the run we have had recently.

BL2blue said:

Actually you've got a point there. We do seem to have been on the end of alot of bad and dubious decisions. One for the conspiracy theorists I suppose, but have the refs been given some sort of agenda to favour our opponents in order to keep us away from the top 4 ?

I dont think so and hope to rely on an improvement in our form and our manager's abilities to get us up the table.

BL2blue said:

Fergietime bollocks.
Bolton's 1st goal.
Bolton's 2nd goal.
Bellamy's sending off.
Hull's penalty.

i dont think you can call hitting the bar saving a penalty and missing an open goal all lucky, it is down to the player not luck

BL2blue said:

spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.