"The best they've played all season" and bad luck

Add Sunderland's third goal to the list as well, Given kicked it out for a throw cos we had Barry down injured, we expected them to give it us back, yet they played on and scored. We must be due some luck soon surely, shame it won't be under Hughes.

BL2blue said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
"That's the best we've/they've played all season".

I've heard this so many times this year, when compared to other seasons, I've never heard it.

I think most teams are upping there game against us now.

Hull, Bolton and Spurs are just 3 recent examples where I've heard pundits and opposition fans say "that's the best they've/we've played all season".

Also how much bad luck have we had this season?

Richards disallowed goal v Pompey.
Richards disallowed goal v Fulham?
Fergietime bollocks.
Bolton's 1st goal.
Bolton's 2nd goal.
Bellamy's sending off.
SWP penalty waved away v Wigan.
Hull's penalty.
Dawson handball waved away v Spuds.
And probably loads more...

I'm not saying we haven't played bad in some games and I'm not looking for excuses but it is frustrating that teams seem to turn it on against us and surely we're due some good luck and some decisions to go our way soon.

What about the Brum penalty miss (fuck me where we be now if they had scored), Wolves hitting the bar, Nugent's glaring miss for Pompey, Chelsea missed pen etc

It goes both ways. We definitely can't hide behind excuses for where we are at present.

Definitely agree opposition teams are putting more in aganst us now but it comes with the territory.
Agree, we cannot blame the poor / average results on bad luck when we have had enough good luck also. Saving penalties, hitting the bar, missed handballs and offsides are all part of the game. We simply have not been good enough in defence or had that killer instinct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.