The big clearout!

Every summer since Txiki arrived there's been talk of a massive clearout and it never really materializes. I think some City fans are too quick to want to see the back of players especially as many of them have played a role in our success

It might be a little bit more "massive" this time as more players are out of contract but I can't see more than 3 or 4 arrivals who will genuinely be in with a chance of making our first 11. We'll buy our usual quota of players to immediately loan out of course.

I'd break the bank for Dele Ali

Interested to see what people think the squad will be after the summer transfer window. I think a successful window would be trimming the fat and reducing the wage bill by getting rid of 12+ players and bringing in 3-4 quality upgrades in our defence.

OUT: Hart, Bony, Navas, Nasri, Navas, Toure, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sagna, Caballero, Clichy, Mangala, Denayer

LOAN: Roberts, Unal, Angelino, Zinchenko, Moreno

IN: Rulli, Gaya, Bonucci, Fabinho

--------

GK: Bravo, Rulli, Gunn

LB: Gaya, Kolarov
CB: Kompany, Bonucci, Stones, Otamendi, Tosin
RB: Fabinho, Maffeo

CM: Fernandinho, Gundogan, (Fabinho), Delph, Manu Garcia
CAM: Silva, De Bruyne
LW/RW: Sane, Sterling, Nolito, (Jesus), (De Bruyne)

ST: Aguero, Jesus, Iheanacho

i think pep has been rebuilding in phases . attack is ready now for rest season . this window , he will fully concentrate on rebiulding the def and midfield ( def aspect of it ) . so a holding mid and a couple of defenders is what i expect with a lot of defenders leaving .

--------

GK: Bravo, Rulli, Gunn

LB: Gaya, Kolarov
CB: Kompany, Bonucci, Stones, Otamendi, Tosin
RB: Fabinho, Maffeo

CM: Fernandinho, Gundogan, (Fabinho), Delph, Manu Garcia
CAM: Silva, De Bruyne
LW/RW: Sane, Sterling, Nolito, (Jesus), (De Bruyne)

ST: Aguero, Jesus, Iheanacho

Defensively I would be very happy with this. I think Kolarov covers both LB and L/CB but then we would be overloaded at CB think Tosin goes on loan or he decides to leave. I would sign Sessegnon from Fulham, immediately loan back to Fulham for season and bring him in to replace Kolarov in 1 year time. Would be good if some of those CB's were left footers other than Kolarov.

I would add another midfielder Isco or Tielemans maybe. De Bruyne needed a rest earlier in season and didn't get it.

Add Sanchez too up front. Nolito as much as I like him he just doesn't seem to be part of Peps plans.

Think we may go back in for Laporte I think they have got rid of their manager.
I'd like us to go for the left back from Monaco and Bernardo Silva maybe Sanchez from Arsenal
And bring in Maffeo with Zaba as cover
Not the hardest list to go for and I would think that would be a good transfer window.
This depends on wether Vinny has got through his problems otherwise we need another CB

PS we need a keeper anyone will do

Last edited:
I'd like us to go for the left back from Monaco and Bernardo Silva maybe Sanchez from Arsenal
Not the hardest list to go for and I would think that would be a good transfer window.
This depends on wether Vinny has got through his problems otherwise we need another CB

zaba goooooone to west ham, navas as cover!

Yes, I agree with Bernado Silva. Although I've seen him play only against City, he looks like a player of absolute quality. It would be fascinating to see him play alongside David before replacing him in a few years time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.