"The biggest derby of them all"

There is a Light

Todays MUEN comment on the Rags v Liverpool being the biggest derby of them all... "It is a constant bugbear of City supporters that they remain only a minor irritant to their Old Trafford rivals".

Is this true? Personally I could not give a flying f*ck what any of them think. I have long since turned off from them and their shit talk. If the Liverpool game is the biggest game for the Rags then good for them.

The fact that they seem to think saying this winds us up would suggest we are still very much in their fans mindsets though and then of course there is the incessant songs and utter glee at the recent derby win. I can understand why matches against the rest of the Sky four have such importance in terms of winning trophies when you are at the top, but you just know they'll be throwing themselves off bridges when we win anything of significance (another reason to hope the famine ends this year)

our biggest derby will soon be against real madrid. un!ted and liverpool can start slugging it out as best also-rans.

i would say to the fans of united in and around manchester would consider city a big game but as we havnt been challenging up the top of the table for the last god knows how many years then the cockneys and irish and foreign fans dont really care about the derby and care more about liverpool. the fact that united fans sing nursery ryhmes about us all game and then say they dont care at all about city is just a complete farce.

Lets see what the future brings. We are climbing the mountain, they have hit the summit and are going down the otherside. How fast we climb or they descend Is open to debate, but that's what Is taking place and they know It.
The clock Is ticking, only this time Is ticking for us and not against us!
Bring It On...Smile at them and enjoy the ride.

The MUEN just print that propaganda to wind us up.
Fergie and every rag you know was bleating about how we were just another game leading up to the derby, but you certainly saw how much it really meant when they got the dubious win.

More lack of respect from that shitbag of a paper. I used to get the MEN every day. Even as a kid on the way home from school (1986-91) I'd take a look at the back page for any City news?

These days it's rare I even look on there website. Sad state but they have brought it on themselves.

Blue Lloyd said:
More lack of respect from that shitbag of a paper. I used to get the MEN every day. Even as a kid on the way home from school (1986-91) I'd take a look at the back page for any City news?

These days it's rare I even look on there website. Sad state but they have brought it on themselves.
M(U)EN gets far too much of an easy ride from City fans when you consider the national papers have a whole country to sell to and the M(U)EN seems be happy treating a large part of their readship like shit.

davymcfc said:
i would say to the fans of united in and around manchester would consider city a big game but as we havnt been challenging up the top of the table for the last god knows how many years then the cockneys and irish and foreign fans dont really care about the derby and care more about liverpool. the fact that united fans sing nursery ryhmes about us all game and then say they dont care at all about city is just a complete farce.

Absolutely spot on. For United fans in Manchester i'd be amazed if a Liverpool defeat hurt more than a City defeat (even our shit league position up until now aside). United fans have to go to work the next day or face blues in the school playground for the next 6 months. You get pre match build up for about 7 days prior to the game in the Evening News, and 7 days after. That's what a derby is all about. I don't believe United/Liverpool is at that level for Mancs.

And you can't even call United/Liverpool a derby for somebody who lives in fucking London. Huge, important match, yes. But they've no right to call it a derby.

As for Ferguson, 1) he isn't a Mancunian so didnt support United as a youth, 2) his playing and early managerial career was under a time when Liverpool completely and utterly dominated European football so its natural for him to see them as the big guns and 3) in his 20 odd years at United he hasn't had a credible threat from City so has always been able to dismiss us. So from this perspective its easy to see why he goes on about Liverpool being the biggest game. It's different for the fans though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.