The biggest game you missed.

The 6-1 at the swamp, due to work commitments i’l never get enough points for a ticket there, must have been an amazing day for those lucky enough to have been there

Schalke away.
Via Amsterdam on a bus was a long drive. Supposed to be picking ticket up at ground but the ring of steel security wouldn't let me anywhere near. Very annoyingly i'd scored a ticket for me mate in a boozer in Gelsenkirken in the afternoon. Got lost on tram and ended up in away fans boozer watching on telly.

the ballet on ice, bastard bus didn't turn up.
I remember the 53 buses from Gorton stopped running due to the weather, so we all started sprinting down kirkemsulme lane towards Maine rd,it was well worth it.50 year's ago in December wow.

Bradford away promotion game. Didn't have a ticket and stories of police preparing to turn fans back on the motorway. It was a few weeks after Hillsborough so we knew the police would be anxious to keep ticketless fans away.
Oh, and the Boro 8-1.

FA Cup away at Spurs when we won 4-3 with ten.

Offered a ticket, didn't fancy it as traveling the next day, listened on the radio instead.....:(

Wembley 99
Aged 13 booked on a school football trip to Holland that left that evening and didn't even think about the possible play off clash.
Now I'm older and wiser I won't book to go anywhere until I check fixtures first.

It was a shambles of day anyway. You didn't miss much.

Bradford away promotion game.

I missed Bradford too choosing to watch Macclesfield Town at Wembley in the FA Trophy final
We had three games left to promoted FFS typical City

Also give me ticket away for the 6-1 as I hate the fucking place, said I’ve never go again after I saw us win there! I have since buckled and I go again but still despise the place

I was 11 and a City were in the quarter-final of the FA Cup and were facing a home replay against Everton. I did not know it at the time, but my dad had secured a couple of tickets to the game for me and him (he wasn't nearly as bitter towards City in those days).

Then fate intervened.

A couple of days before the game the headmaster summonsed my mum into school to talk about my disruptive and attention seeking behaviour, following which, as a (cruel and unusual) punishment I was simultaneously made aware of the existence of the ticket and the fact it was being denied to me.That probably explains the extent of my football supporting recalcitrance going forward. If mum had got the call a couple of days later, it would have been a different story, of course, but thems the breaks

I've heard that, atmosphere wise, it was one if the great Maine Road nights and I simply would have loved to be there. It's one game I've always been upset about not attending, but sometimes life deals you a particular hand and you've got to live with it.

On the plus side, I've not engaged in any disruptive or attention seeking behaviour ever since.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.