The biggest game you missed.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by julio jordio, 10 Oct 2017.

1. Mike N

Mike N

I agreed to go to Chester teacher training college, with my now wife, on a Saturday in May 83. Completely forgot about it until the Thursday before when my girlfriend reminded me we were going to Chester!

Still went as I didn't want to let her down and didn't think for a minute we'd lose to Luton!

2. pirate

pirate

missed the sick swan because driving my daughter to university interview.

3. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

93 fecking 20.

I was unemployed for a year, which allowed me to travel from Ireland to 8 home games and a few aways that season. Saw some absolute magic. But my wife was made redundant and was expecting our son. I'd been job hunting a few months without any success and then an opportunity came up, but it was commencing that bloody week.

To say I was gutted not to be there was an understatement, but in fairness the Dublin blues went fucking mental that day in Dublin :-)

4. stonerblue

stonerblue

rambler
    Was spotted by security climbing over the wall. Whilst almost impaled on the spikes he asked me what i was doing. 'Have a guess," i replied.
    "Come on then son," he says before helping me down and taking me in.

5. kippaxchris

kippaxchris

Was being a tool & got myself banned for the Kompany header derby & the QPR title winner. Silver lining was watching them with my family & Aguero scoring that goal while I had hold of my new born. Great memories to be honest & I wouldn't change it if I could go back.

6. mayo31

mayo31

Notts County away under Billy McNeill - lost 3-2 gutted

7. Ballet On Ice

Ballet On Ice

The 81 replay, car broke down on the way and ended up watching the game on tele in some pub near Coventry

8. Vic

Vic

Luton home (prior committment and thought we'd be safe). Bradford away ( can't recall why I didn't go - there were a few seasons I didn't go away much at all).

But with Swindon home and York away I've done my bit. (And Vienna on the plus side)

9. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

York away, Spurs 4-3 are probably the seminal ones I've missed.

I'm more gutted I missed the Munich anniversary derby win though. I was at Uni in Leeds and thought we'd get battered so didnt even try for a ticket. Watched it in Headingley where I presumed I'd be surrounded by City supporting Leeds fans - how wrong I was. Of the approximately 80-100 people in the pub, I was the lone City fan with every other fucker supporting United. Was just about an enjoyable experience in the end, but would have preferred to be at the game.

10. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

That game was mental. Closest I've come to being crushed at a game. Our end was heaving that day. I had to climb up the fence and sit on top of it.