The biggest game you missed.

I agreed to go to Chester teacher training college, with my now wife, on a Saturday in May 83. Completely forgot about it until the Thursday before when my girlfriend reminded me we were going to Chester!

Still went as I didn't want to let her down and didn't think for a minute we'd lose to Luton!

missed the sick swan because driving my daughter to university interview.

93 fecking 20.

I was unemployed for a year, which allowed me to travel from Ireland to 8 home games and a few aways that season. Saw some absolute magic. But my wife was made redundant and was expecting our son. I'd been job hunting a few months without any success and then an opportunity came up, but it was commencing that bloody week.

To say I was gutted not to be there was an understatement, but in fairness the Dublin blues went fucking mental that day in Dublin :-)

Was being a tool & got myself banned for the Kompany header derby & the QPR title winner. Silver lining was watching them with my family & Aguero scoring that goal while I had hold of my new born. Great memories to be honest & I wouldn't change it if I could go back.

Luton home (prior committment and thought we'd be safe). Bradford away ( can't recall why I didn't go - there were a few seasons I didn't go away much at all).

But with Swindon home and York away I've done my bit. (And Vienna on the plus side)

York away, Spurs 4-3 are probably the seminal ones I've missed.

I'm more gutted I missed the Munich anniversary derby win though. I was at Uni in Leeds and thought we'd get battered so didnt even try for a ticket. Watched it in Headingley where I presumed I'd be surrounded by City supporting Leeds fans - how wrong I was. Of the approximately 80-100 people in the pub, I was the lone City fan with every other fucker supporting United. Was just about an enjoyable experience in the end, but would have preferred to be at the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.