The BlueMoon Keep Fit Club

I'm pretty sure the standard advice nowadays for losing fat (i.e. not losing weight) is to do weights, rather than kill yourself with cardio. I had a friend who won a competition for transforming your body. He got a bodybuilder to help him and the first thing he did was get him on the weights. The second thing he did was get him eating properly. I think the science is that if you have more muscle, you burn more calories as part of your normal activity (i.e. breathing, pumping blood, walking around).

Good luck. I used to be in decent shape then we had our 3rd kid a year ago and the gym went out the window.... Become a right fat twat, went gym for first time in 6 months last week and could move for 3 days after!

I'm pretty sure the standard advice nowadays for losing fat (i.e. not losing weight) is to do weights, rather than kill yourself with cardio. I had a friend who won a competition for transforming your body. He got a bodybuilder to help him and the first thing he did was get him on the weights. The second thing he did was get him eating properly. I think the science is that if you have more muscle, you burn more calories as part of your normal activity (i.e. breathing, pumping blood, walking around).
It's not quite as simple as that, the ideal is a good combination of the two for people who are into general fitness and weight loss

I do the 5+2 and on two of the five days I try to do 75-90 mins on a cross trainer , I try to walk 45 mins on the 3 week days I don't train and do a half hour PT session on weights as well as a walking round of golf. Have lost 9kg in 4 months but I have to say whilst I don't drink much I do often eat a lot and struggle other than the two days to diet.

To be honest feeling fitter and stronger and a little slimmer is the main thing more than the weight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.