The Boxing thread

ono

Been thinking about doing this for a while. So it's here.

I'll kick off with Pacquiao - Margarito 24/7 episode 1

Pacquiao - Margarito (13/11/10 - Sky Sports 2am).

Pacquiao's record <a class="postlink" href="http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=6129&cat=boxer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer</a>

Margarito's record <a class="postlink" href="http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=11677&cat=boxer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer</a>

Part 1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ec2m5LYoG4&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3zBlR-P0E[/youtube]

Who's everyone got? I'm going for a Pacquiao UD.

Strong feeling this fight is fixed. Why would Arum go through all that shit to get a cheater back in to boxing if he was legitimately gonna have a chance at beating Manny. Why would he reward a cheater with the biggest payday of his life? Not forgetting that IF he won his name would be right up there. Doesnt make sense to me. Arum will not let his cash cow lose!

Glad you made this thread mate, have thought about doing it myself a few times. A lot easier than making a new thread every time you want to talk boxing. Just hope it doesn't die out and I end up posting in here on my own haha.

Watched the first 24/7 episode yesterday, what struck me was how cocky Pac seems to have gotten in the past year. Taking the piss out of Floyd's resume, the comments about Margarito's handwraps had me pissing myself for about 5 minutes "Coach, put my handwrap in my hand, I'm gonna close my eyes" haha. Maybe he's taking Marg a bit lightly? I dunno. He's right though with the handwrap thing, there's absolutely no way you wouldn't realize you had basically a block of cement in your wrap imo.

I've also got a Pac UD btw.<br /><br />-- 27 Oct 2010, 03:42 --<br /><br />
Armaan said:
Strong feeling this fight is fixed. Why would Arum go through all that shit to get a cheater back in to boxing if he was legitimately gonna have a chance at beating Manny. Why would he reward a cheater with the biggest payday of his life? Not forgetting that IF he won his name would be right up there. Doesnt make sense to me. Arum will not let his cash cow lose!
Must there be a conspiracy about everything?

Can see a mid to late stoppage for Pacman here tbh, didn`t see Margarito`s last fight so can`t really comment on that or his mind-set but the way SSM dealt with him (and granted SSM really rolled back the years on that one) I can see this one going in a similar fashion.

By all accounts (Freddy Roach) Manny isn't upto his usual standard for this training camp, he's behind schedule and doesn't seem to have his heart in it as much, Roach thinks it could be his last fight as politics is gradually taking over his life!

It would be a shame if that happened and we never got to see Manny v Floyd but that sums up boxing for me at the moment, a few years ago I was really into it, people like Hatton, Calzaghe and Haye in England as well as some great young guys in America like Kelly Pavlik then it just became a circus. I know to a certain extent boxing always has been but recently you just seem to be getting all these mix matched fights with lightweights taking on super middlewights and middleweights taking on light heavyweights, Pavlik as an example, he took on Hopkins, lost and its basically destroyed his career at the highest level, he didn't NEED to do that fight at all but money talks in boxing and thats what ruined or at least set his career back!

Finally, the whole system of ranks needs to be sorted out, its ridiculous that someone like Fraudley Harrison can get a world title shot after doing fuck all, it always happens, they need to have it properly set out where all of the people in each division fight each other, work their way up the rankings then the top 2 have a title fight!

DirtyHarry said:
Can see a mid to late stoppage for Pacman here tbh, didn`t see Margarito`s last fight so can`t really comment on that or his mind-set but the way SSM dealt with him (and granted SSM really rolled back the years on that one) I can see this one going in a similar fashion.
He was shit in his last fight against a crappy opponent.
carrconormcfc said:
Armaan said:
Must there be a conspiracy about everything?
No, but it sounds dodgy to me

Regarding Pac v Margarito my money will be on Margarito. Both looked poor in there last fight. Since the so called doping Pac has looked poor against the durable Clottey but it seemed to me his power was gone at that weight in the fight. So Mexico v Pacman again it will be a all out war with Margarito he will be stronger at this weight than Pacman or has Pacman got it at a catch weight yet again. IF not it favours Margarito if you ask me can Pacman take the shots that Margarito can put together he has blasted some opponents out himself.

leighton said:
Regarding Pac v Margarito my money will be on Margarito. Both looked poor in there last fight. Since the so called doping Pac has looked poor against the durable Clottey but it seemed to me his power was gone at that weight in the fight. So Mexico v Pacman again it will be a all out war with Margarito he will be stronger at this weight than Pacman or has Pacman got it at a catch weight yet again. IF not it favours Margarito if you ask me can Pacman take the shots that Margarito can put together he has blasted some opponents out himself.
He's got a catchweight again. I don't get why the light middleweight (154) title should be on the line when they're fighting at 151 or something.

I don't think Pac looked that poor against Clottey, he did what he could with what was basically a human punchbag. Look at Marg against Shane, he got absolutely punished. Maybe that's an indication of how good Marg really is without the illegal handwraps?

Pac never had the one punch power to begin with, it's just that everyone else apart from Clottey have been walking straight onto his shots. Margarito has an ideal style for Pac, he'll walk straight onto Pac's left hand all night.

Look at the big fights Pac has had over the years he boxed Del La Hoya who dropped down 10 pounds give or take compared to the weight when he got beaten by Money.
Then his next test was Cotto was at a catch weight at this time I beleive Cotto was strugling a bit with making the weight and with him having to come in at 145 instead of say 147 it made it a bit harder for Cotto to make the weight. Cotto looked drained during that fight no power to bother Pacman which is fucking crazy as he has been in the past a lethal body puncher and racked up some KO's.
Now again it favours Pac by another catchweight and with another title on the line it favours Pac why the fuck is a title on the line at a catch weight again. Pacman will go down a best catch weight fighter of all time as I cant remember many fighters fighting for a world titles at catch weights.
Its begining to take away for the fights I would watch time and time again with the Mexicans over the years they got the best out of Pac at no catch weights and maybe those wars has got him to the point were the catchweight is the easier fight for him.

carrconormcfc said:
leighton said:
He's got a catchweight again. I don't get why the light middleweight (154) title should be on the line when they're fighting at 151 or something.

I don't think Pac looked that poor against Clottey, he did what he could with what was basically a human punchbag. Look at Marg against Shane, he got absolutely punished. Maybe that's an indication of how good Marg really is without the illegal handwraps?

Pac never had the one punch power to begin with, it's just that everyone else apart from Clottey have been walking straight onto his shots. Margarito has an ideal style for Pac, he'll walk straight onto Pac's left hand all night.
Personally I don't think you can really make a judgment on margaritos true skill based on that mosley fight. I don't think his head was in that fight tbh. He had just got caught cheating, that must have put him off his game mentally surely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.