The Boxing thread

I reckon Parker will give aj more problems than wilder will.
Aj's jab would dominate wilder forcing him to make wild swings with his big right from distance, aj dodge or block and counter.
Parker will be more trouble I think, be more of an inside fight, up close and personal

Watched the Wilder fight last night. Cant lie ive always been a sceptic because of his record and fancied Ortiz to win so I said I would give him the credit he deserves if he got the win, BUT is there a more technically flawed champion in world boxing? My opinion of him has actually slid further down, yes hes got that equalising power to get him out of trouble (as it did) but he was getting out boxed by a much smaller man who just ran out of steam in the end.

I can see Joshua beating him easily enough and he wouldn't lay a glove on Tyson.

Jamie McDonnell going over to Japan to fight Inoue in May.

Fair play, this lad isn't scared of a challenge, and doesn't mind travelling either.

I think he'll get obliterated, but looking at his missus, I'm sure he'll be able to console himself afterwards!

Jamie McDonnell going over to Japan to fight Inoue in May.

Fair play, this lad isn't scared of a challenge, and doesn't mind travelling either.

I think he'll get obliterated, but looking at his missus, I'm sure he'll be able to console himself afterwards!

Firstly...... pics?

And secondly I agree but wish him all the luck. Always found Jamie McDonnell hard to fathom as he literally has no interest in the sport whatsoever. Remembering reading about him meeting sugar ray Leonard and he had to ask somebody who Sugar was lol.

Watched the Wilder fight last night. Cant lie ive always been a sceptic because of his record and fancied Ortiz to win so I said I would give him the credit he deserves if he got the win, BUT is there a more technically flawed champion in world boxing? My opinion of him has actually slid further down, yes hes got that equalising power to get him out of trouble (as it did) but he was getting out boxed by a much smaller man who just ran out of steam in the end.

I can see Joshua beating him easily enough and he wouldn't lay a glove on Tyson.

If he comes in anywhere near 103kg against Joshua he should be sectioned.... he's limited, said it for a number of years, he's merely endorsed by a media conglomerate who are starving to dominate the division, they'll milk this for every Dollar$$$

I have a cracking contact at matchroom and Hayman is becoming heavily involved behind the scenes, don't be surprised to see Joshua 'going out on his own' after the potential Wikder fight (wink wink)...

If he comes in anywhere near 103kg against Joshua he should be sectioned.... he's limited, said it for a number of years, he's merely endorsed by a media conglomerate who are starving to dominate the division, they'll milk this for every Dollar$$$

I have a cracking contact at matchroom and Hayman is becoming heavily involved behind the scenes, don't be surprised to see Joshua 'going out on his own' after the potential Wikder fight (wink wink)...

The fact hes 40-0 and WBC champion says more about the division than Wilder himself. So weak.

Quigg has missed weight by miles. Very surprising from someone as dedicated as him.

Very surprising indeed. They are still fighting but not for the championship. Both Scott and Hearn have said that they gave up on Scott making the weight as he was putting himself at severe risk of harm in the bout. Either that is schpeel or there is genuinely an issue with Scott. I am inclined to believe the latter because of the well-known dedication he brings to the sport.

Interesting reaction to the Canelo situation... as per usual the weird haters are strangely jubilant about it, some blissfully ignorant of what Clenbuterol is(it's not a steroid) and why it would be used. Others are claiming VADA themselves are lying(what?) about their statement it was "trace levels" of the substance consistent with meat contamination from Mexico(are they feeding it to their cattle?) stating different figures seemingly plucked from thin air "it was 1000mg" and so on, sure thing mr armchair expert we'll all take your word on that.

It almost seems like some of those Canelo haters/Golovkin fanboys don't want the rematch with their reactions, the thing is a lot of people have since rewatched the fight and like I predicted besides the most ardent GGG fans most now say it really could have been one round up for either fighter so a draw is not at all surprising. After rewatching round 9 with the revealing slowmos, I could easily have him up a round but a draw feels more right as there wasn't much between them all night bar a couple of rounds for each fighter (7th GGG 10th Canelo IMO were their strongest)... Either way a draw was anything but a robbery(I've since read that Max Kellerman scored it the same as me as I suspected by some of his post match interview comments and he loves GGG "big drama"), the real question mark was over Byrds card. With all that said how can anyone who saw that fight not want to see the rematch? It needs one, do they like boxing or is it just a popularity contest for some? The hatred towards Canelo even in the build up to the Golovkin fight seemed weird to me, I remember someone claiming I must hate GGG just because I happened to rate Canelo very highly and scored the match a draw... and I still feel the same way he's a phenomenal boxer, the criticism he receives from Mexican fight fans(started way before the GGG fight was on the cards) is because of the style he adopted as his career progressed(possibly around the Mayweather fight?)... simply put they don't like Mexican fighters who don't stand and trade.

As for this banned substance I'm not sure weather he was using it to cut weight or it was just in the meat but either way I think he should leave golden boy now for the sake of his legacy, he clearly doesn't need to cheat and he really will fight anyone(he has it all youth, natural ability, the chin, spirit and the athleticism) if he was advised to use it then that was a completely unnecessary risk, if it was contaminated meat they clearly aren't looking out for him well enough. I just think he'd be much better off without the cloud of doubt caused by Golden Boy over everything he does, it's a real shame it has to be like that.

Edit: Having thought about it, it is hard to defend Canelo on this because it occurred to me that if this has happened before with numerous Mexican athletes then they can't be that surprised... The cynic in me from an objective viewpoint says perhaps they deliberately loaded up on Mexican meat to gain an advantage that way, if it really was the meat they couldn't be accused of lying but it would still be on the spectrum of cheating somewhere along the line but how much of an advantage would you gain that way? From further reading it is indeed not a steroid but although it is often used to cut weight, it has a side effect of a slight increase in skeletal muscle which doesn't sound like it's worth the risk to me, especially as those test subjects were injected with the stuff rather than having trace amounts in meat but maybe cutting weight that way and slight gains in skeletal muscle is enough grounds for the suspension to stand as it's still cheating. I still think there needs to be a clear distinction between steroid cheats and the other banned substances, there are different levels of cheating and steroids are almost in a class of their own.

As an aside it's clear certain promoters and boxing mouth pieces are making the most of this situation. It's worth remembering Canelo is the biggest active superstar in Boxing making the most dosh so take comments from those with their own interests in mind with a pinch of salt. I'm looking at you Hearn you've had to deal with comments from those who doubt AJ's integrity on the steriods front and you Frank Warren... who has a fighter on his books who tested positive for actual steroids in Fury(who claimed it was from some offal he ate?) which is a step worse than the Canelo situation.

Last edited:
Think I get what you mean there and I've thought about the political implications of having an American heavyweight champion given the current climate, it seems sad but they have used it as a status symbol in the past and it's been years since they've had anyone to get behind in the HW division. Would Joshua go for that though even if Hearn asked him to? I think he's a big enough name not to need to do that unless it was a very serious offer, he can stay unbeaten and build up to Fury fight. Providing he beats Parker which is not going to be a walk in the park as he is serious competition, putting his early hype aside, he deserves to be in the mix.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.