The Boxing thread

He's moving to SMW so he won't be facing Macklin any time soon.
Really hes moving up to Super Middleweight. Wow I was almost certain I see a interview with both Macklin and Murray and the 2 of them were talking up the fight and both were interested in the fight and that was only a couple of weeks ago.
Well even better if he is moving up to Super Middleweight he could have fights with the Smith brothers , Rocky Fielding , George Groves and James DeGale so it makes sense for Murray to move up to Middleweight but he might not be as good at the bigger weight power wise he wasnt a big KO puncher but wait and see what happens.

Just watched the replay on box nation of Tim Bradley v Jes Vargas. Vargas walloped Bradley in the last 30 seconds of the last round and it looked like the ref had stopped it but, unfortunately for Vargas the ref thought the 10 sec clapper was the bell! So they went to the scorecards and Bradley rightly won. Bizarre!

Just watched the replay on box nation of Tim Bradley v Jes Vargas. Vargas walloped Bradley in the last 30 seconds of the last round and it looked like the ref had stopped it but, unfortunately for Vargas the ref thought the 10 sec clapper was the bell! So they went to the scorecards and Bradley rightly won. Bizarre!

Watched it back last night, couldn't believe it, although you would have thought someone could have told Vargas he hadn't won before he spent a good 5 minutes bouncing around like a nobhead. Either way it was the right result in the end and a rematch would have the same outcome.

Some dodgy refs about this weekend. Rocky Fielding v Brian Vera dont know what the ref was doing at that and in the Bradley fight too. Yes both Fielding and Bradley would of won but still makes you think what some refs are doing. I would love to see some old pros going in as a ref be much better for the boxers involved in my opinion. Also think at Super Middleweight in the UK alone they could well do a Super 6. DeGale has a World title if Groves wins 1 too then 2 world titles.
So you could well have. DeGale , Groves , Fielding , Callum Smith , Martin Murray and 1 of Frank Buglioni and Paul Smith. So if Matchroom want to do it with there fighters they could well do it with Saurlands getting involved to with Groves.

Also the Quigg v Kiko fight. Kiko is huge odds in some places. Kiko by KO looks a brilliant bet for me. Quiggs been fighting bums all the time. First real test can Quigg take the power of Kiko and do a plan b and box I aint fully sure on that 1.

After Brook walks through Rios, I'd love to see him take on Thurman.

As for Khan, who said on Twitter at the weekend that he can't ever see a fight between him & Brook at Wembley ever materialise, I hope he takes on someone who can actually cause him problems next time. Both Alexander & Algieri are feather fisted, so perhaps Khan v Porter could be made. That'd be a decent fight to see. Can Khan handle Porter's relentless pressure?

Some dodgy refs about this weekend. Rocky Fielding v Brian Vera dont know what the ref was doing at that and in the Bradley fight too. Yes both Fielding and Bradley would of won but still makes you think what some refs are doing. I would love to see some old pros going in as a ref be much better for the boxers involved in my opinion. Also think at Super Middleweight in the UK alone they could well do a Super 6. DeGale has a World title if Groves wins 1 too then 2 world titles.
So you could well have. DeGale , Groves , Fielding , Callum Smith , Martin Murray and 1 of Frank Buglioni and Paul Smith. So if Matchroom want to do it with there fighters they could well do it with Saurlands getting involved to with Groves.

Also the Quigg v Kiko fight. Kiko is huge odds in some places. Kiko by KO looks a brilliant bet for me. Quiggs been fighting bums all the time. First real test can Quigg take the power of Kiko and do a plan b and box I aint fully sure on that 1.

Really poor display of refereeing during Rocky Fielding v Brian Vera, I think the referee should of started the count as soon as Vera went down or took a knee, instead he let him climb back up to his feet not knowing what day it was, to take more of beating. Good point about old pro's going in as refs, but I'm sure there will be all sorts of courses etc involved. The Super Middleweight Division is a fair reflection that British boxing is absolutely booming at the moment.

After Brook walks through Rios, I'd love to see him take on Thurman.

As for Khan, who said on Twitter at the weekend that he can't ever see a fight between him & Brook at Wembley ever materialise, I hope he takes on someone who can actually cause him problems next time. Both Alexander & Algieri are feather fisted, so perhaps Khan v Porter could be made. That'd be a decent fight to see. Can Khan handle Porter's relentless pressure?

It's so frustrating this saga between Brook and Khan. What happened to boxers giving the fans the fights they want?

Fighters are all businessmen. Look at the fights that should happen. Brook v Khan , Frampton v Quigg, DeGale v Groves , Froch v GGG all should happen but for 1 reason its not happening any time soon sadly.
Hearn could well be partly to blame in some cases but with the Quigg v Frampton it could well happen with Framptons new adviser but i wouldnt be shocked to see Frampton v Santa Cruz fight first as I cant see Quigg beating Kiko in 2 weeks time.

Fighters are all businessmen. Look at the fights that should happen. Brook v Khan , Frampton v Quigg, DeGale v Groves , Froch v GGG all should happen but for 1 reason its not happening any time soon sadly.
Hearn could well be partly to blame in some cases but with the Quigg v Frampton it could well happen with Framptons new adviser but i wouldnt be shocked to see Frampton v Santa Cruz fight first as I cant see Quigg beating Kiko in 2 weeks time.

True, boxing is a business and Mayweather fight may bring in more money, but Brook v Khan would be absolutely huge in this country and the purse would well be in the millions. Scott Quigg was interviewed on Ringside last Thursday and he believes the only reason the Frampton fight hasn't happened is due solely down to Barry McGuigan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.