The Boxing thread

Haha you got to love Scott. The have been calling each other out for years. Carl Frampton called Quigg out when he was promoted by Hearns and Matchroom. Sadly back then the stumbling block was of all people Joe Gallagher he didnt want Quigg anywhere near Frampton then. The 1.5 million tv publicity stunt didnt go down well with Frampton and McGuigan they thought it was underhanded and did not need to be made in the public. Back then Matchroom pulled out of negoiating the fight and out of the blue they offer the bid.
Were you lead to beleive that Quigg is a World Champion by Hearn and Sky its a load of bollocks. Quigg brings fuck all to the Frampton fight. Quigg has no fanbase. Not a real world Champion the WBA should be ashamed in there paper titles. The real WBA Champion is Rigondeaux not Quigg and most of the fighters are avoiding Rigondeaux in the division as the lad is like a Maywheater just a brilliant boxer and is so good he makes shit viewing sadly as he would dominate a fight and win on points. So in any sort of Real Champion v Quigg the split is normaly anything from 70 -30 to the champion given the champion has to go to Quiggs hometown. That was always the stumbling block with this fight recently.

Saying that now Carl has teamed up Al Haymon there is more and more options for Carl than just Quigg. Carl fights the same night as Quigg in the US and live in the US tv and if Carl wins well Carl will be a big time player in the US. Hearn has worked well with Al Haymon in the past and the deal could be made but where Hearn has said in the past what does Carl bring to the table. Carl now has Al Haymon and US tv coverage so what does Quigg bring to the table now compared to Carl not a lot. I expect if this fight gets made it will be in the US if and its a big IF Quigg beats Kiko and it will be on the American tv with Sky covering it in the UK if there lucky. Carl has the style to be a huge huge star in the US and fight in some big fights there now.

Haha you got to love Scott. The have been calling each other out for years. Carl Frampton called Quigg out when he was promoted by Hearns and Matchroom. Sadly back then the stumbling block was of all people Joe Gallagher he didnt want Quigg anywhere near Frampton then. The 1.5 million tv publicity stunt didnt go down well with Frampton and McGuigan they thought it was underhanded and did not need to be made in the public. Back then Matchroom pulled out of negoiating the fight and out of the blue they offer the bid.
Were you lead to beleive that Quigg is a World Champion by Hearn and Sky its a load of bollocks. Quigg brings fuck all to the Frampton fight. Quigg has no fanbase. Not a real world Champion the WBA should be ashamed in there paper titles. The real WBA Champion is Rigondeaux not Quigg and most of the fighters are avoiding Rigondeaux in the division as the lad is like a Maywheater just a brilliant boxer and is so good he makes shit viewing sadly as he would dominate a fight and win on points. So in any sort of Real Champion v Quigg the split is normaly anything from 70 -30 to the champion given the champion has to go to Quiggs hometown. That was always the stumbling block with this fight recently.

Saying that now Carl has teamed up Al Haymon there is more and more options for Carl than just Quigg. Carl fights the same night as Quigg in the US and live in the US tv and if Carl wins well Carl will be a big time player in the US. Hearn has worked well with Al Haymon in the past and the deal could be made but where Hearn has said in the past what does Carl bring to the table. Carl now has Al Haymon and US tv coverage so what does Quigg bring to the table now compared to Carl not a lot. I expect if this fight gets made it will be in the US if and its a big IF Quigg beats Kiko and it will be on the American tv with Sky covering it in the UK if there lucky. Carl has the style to be a huge huge star in the US and fight in some big fights there now.

Like you say, Frampton called Quigg out ages ago and Quigg admitted himself he belieives Frampton thinks he can beat him, he wants the fight but for some reason he thinks Barry McGuigan is holding him back, so don't really know what's going on there. At the time Frampton was calling out Quigg I was convinced Frampton would beat him convincingly but after watching a few Quigg fights I think it will be a close. The real test will be against Kiko Martinez, with the added pressure of knowing Frampton beat him, so he will want to do it in style. I agree his fan base isn't as strong as Framptons, but Quigg has started to get quite a following recently, I was going to say partly because of him being linked to Frampton, but he has made it himself by winning fights. Would be great to see either one of them in the ring with Rigondeaux.

Like you say, Frampton called Quigg out ages ago and Quigg admitted himself he belieives Frampton thinks he can beat him, he wants the fight but for some reason he thinks Barry McGuigan is holding him back, so don't really know what's going on there. At the time Frampton was calling out Quigg I was convinced Frampton would beat him convincingly but after watching a few Quigg fights I think it will be a close. The real test will be against Kiko Martinez, with the added pressure of knowing Frampton beat him, so he will want to do it in style. I agree his fan base isn't as strong as Framptons, but Quigg has started to get quite a following recently, I was going to say partly because of him being linked to Frampton, but he has made it himself by winning fights. Would be great to see either one of them in the ring with Rigondeaux.

Frampton Kod Kiko in the first fight then in the second fight won by a wide decision after putting him down again. Kiko has got better since his first fight with Frampton. Take the money and put it on Kiko stopping Quigg at anything from 9/2 or greater. Quigg hasnt been in with anyone speical. 2 fights with Rendal Munroe is his major fights. When he won the title he got he didnt even win the fight with Salinas it was a majority draw the title was handed to Quigg as he was interim champion. He never fought Salinas again but defended it against bums ever since in my opinion. Kiko is Scotts first real test. Kiko is the acid test but Quigg in my view will not get the best of Kiko.
As for Scott being a big draw his last few fights were on huge cards which he never proper headlined. Quigg was on the undercard even this fight coming up I think the bigger the draw is the other fight with Anthony Crolla a lot of people will go to see him fight after his attack and him in a World title fight he is the draw he brings in the fans and is a bigger draw than Scott Quigg. More of a story to Crolla and I hope after the attack that Crolla comes back strong be interested to see how he takes a shot now after the attack this is a make or break fight for Crolla in my opinion. IF Quigg wins the fight with Kiko I will admit I was wrong about him but I just dont see it. Kiko is one tough man come forward fighter and throws bombs Quiggs chin hasnt been tested by a hugh puncher but he has been down on the canvas before so his chin might get tested during the fight just think its a make or break fight for Scott. If he wants the big pay days he has to do a job on Kiko.

As for either against Rigondeaux i rate him highly seen him fighting Willie Casey in Dublin and he was truely brilliant the best fighter I have seen live technically too good for Willie. I think Frampton might give Rigondeaux more problems just think that fight wont happen this year maybe some time in 2016 for the Rigondeaux fight for Frampton. Can see Carl moving up weight too in the future but i be interested to see if his power moves up with him. Good time to be a boxing fan in the UK and Ireland. With the champions we got some good fights to be made out there.

Frampton Kod Kiko in the first fight then in the second fight won by a wide decision after putting him down again. Kiko has got better since his first fight with Frampton. Take the money and put it on Kiko stopping Quigg at anything from 9/2 or greater. Quigg hasnt been in with anyone speical. 2 fights with Rendal Munroe is his major fights. When he won the title he got he didnt even win the fight with Salinas it was a majority draw the title was handed to Quigg as he was interim champion. He never fought Salinas again but defended it against bums ever since in my opinion. Kiko is Scotts first real test. Kiko is the acid test but Quigg in my view will not get the best of Kiko.
As for Scott being a big draw his last few fights were on huge cards which he never proper headlined. Quigg was on the undercard even this fight coming up I think the bigger the draw is the other fight with Anthony Crolla a lot of people will go to see him fight after his attack and him in a World title fight he is the draw he brings in the fans and is a bigger draw than Scott Quigg. More of a story to Crolla and I hope after the attack that Crolla comes back strong be interested to see how he takes a shot now after the attack this is a make or break fight for Crolla in my opinion. IF Quigg wins the fight with Kiko I will admit I was wrong about him but I just dont see it. Kiko is one tough man come forward fighter and throws bombs Quiggs chin hasnt been tested by a hugh puncher but he has been down on the canvas before so his chin might get tested during the fight just think its a make or break fight for Scott. If he wants the big pay days he has to do a job on Kiko.

As for either against Rigondeaux i rate him highly seen him fighting Willie Casey in Dublin and he was truely brilliant the best fighter I have seen live technically too good for Willie. I think Frampton might give Rigondeaux more problems just think that fight wont happen this year maybe some time in 2016 for the Rigondeaux fight for Frampton. Can see Carl moving up weight too in the future but i be interested to see if his power moves up with him. Good time to be a boxing fan in the UK and Ireland. With the champions we got some good fights to be made out there.

Well like you say Scott's opponents may not have been the best quality, but if he comes through his next fight and impresses he deserves the credit. To be honest I've not seen much of his fights as only started to really get into boxing again recently, and as for Kiko I've seen even less, only his fights with Frampton. I'm tempted to now take your advice and back Kiko, but I have just got a feeling Scott will win.

It's great to see Crolla him back in the ring, and fighting for a world title in his first bout back after his injury. I just hope he's the same fighter and I'm pretty sure he will be. Frampton is something special, I think he will have no problem moving up a weight and keeping his power.

Just youtube a few of Kiko fights he has power in both hands KO power. A come forward boxer and a banger. Quigg has never boxed anyone like him. Also Quigg v Frampton if it happens we have Frampton who can bang and who can box on the back foot too a crazy combination to have and Quigg needs more than just come forward and pressure with both fighters. IF Quigg goes toe to toe with Kiko chances are he gets beaten by KO if he tries and boxes and goes to the cards he should hold onto his belt with it being in Manchester.

I am a huge Frampton fan remember him as a am in Ireland and I had a bet with a bookies over here he would be World champion on a certain date and i missed out by a few months on winning big money. Irish boxing is booming I could name a few fighters to look out for if they get onto a few UK shows watch out for them. Tommy McCarthy , Declain Gergarthy , PhilliP Sutcliffe Jnr this guy boxed Frampton in the ams and will be the next big thing from Ireland 8 wins out of 8 with 6 KOs back from a injury expect Phil to get onto a few UK shows soon.

The Carl Frampton fight will be covered live on ITV 1 on the same night as the Scott Quigg fight. 9.45 pm is the ITV coverage great news for boxing fans that this fight will be covered on ITV and free to air tv.

The Carl Frampton fight will be covered live on ITV 1 on the same night as the Scott Quigg fight. 9.45 pm is the ITV coverage great news for boxing fans that this fight will be covered on ITV and free to air tv.

Great that its on free to air tv. Shame its going to be as competitive as City vs Altrinchams under9s

Great that its on free to air tv. Shame its going to be as competitive as City vs Altrinchams under9s

True the undercard fights will be covered on ITV4 too from 9 on too. He has signed up with Al Haymon so this is a introduction of Carl Frampton who will hopefully bomb out the lad he is fighting leading to a big fight in the US. I fully expect the Santa Cruz fight next for Frampton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.