The Boxing thread

True the undercard fights will be covered on ITV4 too from 9 on too. He has signed up with Al Haymon so this is a introduction of Carl Frampton who will hopefully bomb out the lad he is fighting leading to a big fight in the US. I fully expect the Santa Cruz fight next for Frampton.

I hope so pal im fed up of the top super bantams not fighting now for whatever reasons. Rigo, LSC, Quigg and Carl all need to get it on.

Oh and I caught up on the Liverpool show now, nothing sums up my frustration with Eddie Hearn than seeing Martin Murray going from fighting THE best 160 fighter, to fighting bums every 4 weeks at 168, (been added to the 18 July show). Boxing in this country will be in a mess because we have either got fighters fighting bums or half decent cards being shown on PPV (May 30th).

I hope so pal im fed up of the top super bantams not fighting now for whatever reasons. Rigo, LSC, Quigg and Carl all need to get it on.

Oh and I caught up on the Liverpool show now, nothing sums up my frustration with Eddie Hearn than seeing Martin Murray going from fighting THE best 160 fighter, to fighting bums every 4 weeks at 168, (been added to the 18 July show). Boxing in this country will be in a mess because we have either got fighters fighting bums or half decent cards being shown on PPV (May 30th).

The tickets for the 18th of July might not be selling that well. Thats the real reason why Martin Murray has been added to this card to get more bums on the seats. Crolla and Murray will sell the bulk of the tickets for this also having AJ on the card will be a big big plus.

As for the Super Bamtamweights not fighting each other supposedly Rigondeaux is having some managerial problems if your to believe the rumours. LSC has been given easy fights his team dont want to put him in with any of the big hitters it seems. Quigg has been fighting bums like LSC for far too long this is Quiggs first proper test after how many fights??? As for Frampton he boxed Kiko twice won both easy then took on his number 1 contender for his title in Chris Alvalos now you cant blame him for taking a easy title fight and will hopefully fight a LSC or Rigondeaux soon enough. I look at this division some good fights but also think he could well move up weights within 2 years time.

Just youtube a few of Kiko fights he has power in both hands KO power. A come forward boxer and a banger. Quigg has never boxed anyone like him. Also Quigg v Frampton if it happens we have Frampton who can bang and who can box on the back foot too a crazy combination to have and Quigg needs more than just come forward and pressure with both fighters. IF Quigg goes toe to toe with Kiko chances are he gets beaten by KO if he tries and boxes and goes to the cards he should hold onto his belt with it being in Manchester.

I am a huge Frampton fan remember him as a am in Ireland and I had a bet with a bookies over here he would be World champion on a certain date and i missed out by a few months on winning big money. Irish boxing is booming I could name a few fighters to look out for if they get onto a few UK shows watch out for them. Tommy McCarthy , Declain Gergarthy , PhilliP Sutcliffe Jnr this guy boxed Frampton in the ams and will be the next big thing from Ireland 8 wins out of 8 with 6 KOs back from a injury expect Phil to get onto a few UK shows soon.

Just watched his highlights on YouTube, and from what I saw looks like he will definitely come to fight, and his KO punch power in both hands is pretty evident, looks to be a cracking fight if Scott comes to brawl too, however I think he's be wise to box smart. I've noticed he likes to throw plenty of hooks, with pretty devastating effects.

Nice one for the heads up on the Irish boxing, I'll keep an eye out for those names.

Just watched his highlights on YouTube, and from what I saw looks like he will definitely come to fight, and his KO punch power in both hands is pretty evident, looks to be a cracking fight if Scott comes to brawl too, however I think he's be wise to box smart. I've noticed he likes to throw plenty of hooks, with pretty devastating effects.

Nice one for the heads up on the Irish boxing, I'll keep an eye out for those names.

No worries this weekend there is a card from here being shown on Boxnation with Jamie Conlan fighting and Ryan Burnett on the card too he was trained by Ricky Hatton for some time not too sure if he is still with Ricky but the lad looks a real prospect at the moment only 23 won his 9 fights with 7 by KO .
It will be a good fight with Kiko for Scot I took the 5/1 on Kiko winning by stoppage shows how confident I am in Kiko.

The tickets for the 18th of July might not be selling that well. Thats the real reason why Martin Murray has been added to this card to get more bums on the seats. Crolla and Murray will sell the bulk of the tickets for this also having AJ on the card will be a big big plus.

As for the Super Bamtamweights not fighting each other supposedly Rigondeaux is having some managerial problems if your to believe the rumours. LSC has been given easy fights his team dont want to put him in with any of the big hitters it seems. Quigg has been fighting bums like LSC for far too long this is Quiggs first proper test after how many fights??? As for Frampton he boxed Kiko twice won both easy then took on his number 1 contender for his title in Chris Alvalos now you cant blame him for taking a easy title fight and will hopefully fight a LSC or Rigondeaux soon enough. I look at this division some good fights but also think he could well move up weights within 2 years time.

AJ has been moved off the date and replaced with Murray mate, one ticket seller fighting a can for another.

AJ has been moved off the date and replaced with Murray mate, one ticket seller fighting a can for another.

Didnt know AJ was off the fight. Just think the big nights will come back with Martin Murray I always liked him and fighter who will fight anyone anytime. Shame he missed out a few years ago of fighting the likes of Barker , Lee and Macklin at Middleweight as those fights should of been made. Now I just cant see him missing out on fighting some of the big British fights with Callum Smith , Degale , George Groves and even stable mate Rocky Fielding huge fights for him now were he will make big money.

Didnt know AJ was off the fight. Just think the big nights will come back with Martin Murray I always liked him and fighter who will fight anyone anytime. Shame he missed out a few years ago of fighting the likes of Barker , Lee and Macklin at Middleweight as those fights should of been made. Now I just cant see him missing out on fighting some of the big British fights with Callum Smith , Degale , George Groves and even stable mate Rocky Fielding huge fights for him now were he will make big money.
To be honest (and I like Martin so its a shame) I can see Eddie doing with Martin what he did with Frankie Gavin. Fight with De Gale in October time and whack it on PPV after filling the card with mismatches. I'm really getting fed up with matchroom and sky to be honest the quality of fights is going pisspoor

To be honest (and I like Martin so its a shame) I can see Eddie doing with Martin what he did with Frankie Gavin. Fight with De Gale in October time and whack it on PPV after filling the card with mismatches. I'm really getting fed up with matchroom and sky to be honest the quality of fights is going pisspoor
A PPV fight just cant see that be PPV standard. Murray needs to be on Sky longer. I would fancy Murray in that fight to beat DeGale. As for Matchroom and there PPV fights they cant keep going PPV people wont buy them. At the moment Kell Brook is there only active fighter who would be PPV standard. Him v Khan be PPV no matter what. The rest it depends on who there fighting. DeGALE v Groves yes PPV , Quigg v Frampton PPV but the card would have to be stacked. Thats the bad thing about it. I dont mind Matchroom there doing a good job. They are keeping there fighters active which is nice. There next fight night is a good 1 and on normal Sky 3 world title fights on it with Quigg and Crolla fighting and Sky picked up the Arthur Abraham V Robert Stieglitz fight too on top of that its a good show and on normal Sky maybe the best in a while. I think with Sky there doing there best getting some of the fights from America and Germany which is good to see.
Also the Luke Campbell V Tommy Coyle fight should be a good 1. Matchroom are stepping up the likes of Campbell and AJ and its nice to see it happening. I think they will get some big fights soon for there World Champions soon enough for late September early October. So DeGale , McDonald , Selby and Brook should all be headlining there own Saturday fight nights. Also you have world title fights for Bellew and maybe Cleverley and Mitchell all to be sorted out too. You will also see fighters from Matchroom in keep busy fights the way they always have been.

A PPV fight just cant see that be PPV standard. Murray needs to be on Sky longer. I would fancy Murray in that fight to beat DeGale. As for Matchroom and there PPV fights they cant keep going PPV people wont buy them. At the moment Kell Brook is there only active fighter who would be PPV standard. Him v Khan be PPV no matter what. The rest it depends on who there fighting. DeGALE v Groves yes PPV , Quigg v Frampton PPV but the card would have to be stacked. Thats the bad thing about it. I dont mind Matchroom there doing a good job. They are keeping there fighters active which is nice. There next fight night is a good 1 and on normal Sky 3 world title fights on it with Quigg and Crolla fighting and Sky picked up the Arthur Abraham V Robert Stieglitz fight too on top of that its a good show and on normal Sky maybe the best in a while. I think with Sky there doing there best getting some of the fights from America and Germany which is good to see.
Also the Luke Campbell V Tommy Coyle fight should be a good 1. Matchroom are stepping up the likes of Campbell and AJ and its nice to see it happening. I think they will get some big fights soon for there World Champions soon enough for late September early October. So DeGale , McDonald , Selby and Brook should all be headlining there own Saturday fight nights. Also you have world title fights for Bellew and maybe Cleverley and Mitchell all to be sorted out too. You will also see fighters from Matchroom in keep busy fights the way they always have been.

I disagree, if he thought Bellew vs Cleverley was PPV standard then im certain he would stick Murray vs DeGale on, besides I still dont get how Brook vs Gavin topped that bill when the Selby and Mitchell fights were much bigger but I guess its not that important really. Im fed up with Eddie taking the punters for mugs, im gobsmacked he hasnt tried to stick the July 18th show on PPV aswell, but yes its easily the best none ppv show he has put on for a long time so fairplay to him for that.

I cant see Murray getting anywhere near beating De Gale by the way, he went in with a shot Martinez and hid behind his clamshell defence without throwing enough shots, drew with Sturm, which I thought he won though. De Gale is underrated in this country because hes a massive nobhead I think. Classy boxer, beat Groves the first time in my eyes and would do the same again this time round but it wouldnt be anywhere near as close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.