The Boxing thread

I rate Canelo very highly he was already fighting like a veteran Mexican fighter at 20-21 y.o when I first saw him, I noticed at the time he had a crazy amount of fights for a fighter of that age. So as of today he's more powerful, more deadly and he's still very young but has lots and lots of experience(more than Khan by a distance anyone doubting that just take a look at his record) I say he beats GGG too(that should be a good fight... everyone wants this), I can't see anything fazing him personally. I like Khan and would be happy if he pulls off a shock win but I can see Khan getting stopped 3-4th round unless he has enough power to hurt him and change his game plan which is to knock him out, even if goes to points I see a Canelo win he's more than capable outpointing when needs must.

The Canelo v Khan undercard looks good do hope that Jason Quigley gets in a decent 50-50 fight or a tester sooner rather than later. But he is with Golden Boy and they will work him up the rankings and get him a World title fight. Looks a good prospect can honestly see Quigley v Callum Smith happening. Only 24 too has a lot of class and a good am background too. I look at Irish boxing scene there may well be a few fighters who will go on to fight for World titles in the next few years. In Quigley , Tommy McCarthy and in a fight or 2 maybe Stephen Ormond were just waiting to see a few more coming up behind them in the ams they look even better in Michael Conlan aka Jamie Conlans younger brother and Paddy Barnes too some great talent waiting to break into the pro ranks.

Yeah looking forward to watching Quigley, some decent fights out there for him.

I rate Canelo very highly he was already fighting like a veteran Mexican fighter at 20-21 y.o when I first saw him, I noticed at the time he had a crazy amount of fights for a fighter of that age. So as of today he's more powerful, more deadly and he's still very young but has lots and lots of experience(more than Khan by a distance anyone doubting that just take a look at his record) I say he beats GGG too(that should be a good fight... everyone wants this), I can't see anything fazing him personally. I like Khan and would be happy if he pulls off a shock win but I can see Khan getting stopped 3-4th round unless he has enough power to hurt him and change his game plan which is to knock him out, even if goes to points I see a Canelo win he's more than capable outpointing when needs must.
Ggg will kill him, too strong canelo doesn't want any part of him.

Ggg will kill him, too strong canelo doesn't want any part of him.
Have to disagree GGG is the smaller man, older and less experienced(nobodies really tested him, Canelos been in with the very best in Floyd and he wasn't in any way taken apart)... don't underestimate Canelos power he got knockout of the year 2015 by many and is more than capable of knocking him out, one things for sure anyone using the word destroy probably hasn't watched a lot of Canelo fights or know much about him.

Have to disagree GGG is the smaller man, older and less experienced(nobodies really tested him, Canelos been in with the very best in Floyd and he wasn't in any way taken apart)... don't underestimate Canelos power he got knockout of the year 2015 by many and is more than capable of knocking him out, one things for sure anyone using the word destroy probably hasn't watched a lot of Canelo fights or know much about him.
Have you actually followed anything of what's gone on? There's too much to write in one post obviously but Canelo is clearly ducking. The vast majority of boxing fans agree that Canelo is scared and wants to part of GGG.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710145

Have a read of this will show you what boxing fans think. GGG is definitely the harder puncher, yes his competition hasn't been on the top level but there's a reason nobody wants to fight him.

Have you actually followed anything of what's gone on? There's too much to write in one post obviously but Canelo is clearly ducking. The vast majority of boxing fans agree that Canelo is scared and wants to part of GGG.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710145

Have a read of this will show you what boxing fans think. GGG is definitely the harder puncher, yes his competition hasn't been on the top level but there's a reason nobody wants to fight him.
I've followed everything mate that's why I don't buy the hype you're obviously a GGG fan but he's going to need more than power... look at Canelos record he isn't scared of him one bit, Trout, Mosley, Cotto, Mayweather(his record pisses on GGG's there's no argument). He's 34y.o and he's only had the same amount of fights Canelo had at 21, the hype annoys me a bit because so much is glossed over... like I said it will make for a good fight but there's no way he "destroys him" he's too good for that. GGG is heavier and hits hard... but he's not the better boxer no way jose as they say in Mexico and he can get knocked out trust me... watch the Kirkland knockout that could be your boy. What I find funny about the fanboy arguments for him ducking is GGG said there's no way he will fight at 155lbs, I mean that's not a huge step from 160 I know it makes a difference but if the shoe were on the other foot... Plus don't pick a few fanboys on your favored forum, the hardcore fans know different than the casuals who jump on whats hot. I rate GGG but more respect needs to be given to Canelo.

Last edited:
I've followed everything mate that's why I don't buy the hype you're obviously a GGG fan but he's going to need more than power... look at Canelos record he isn't scared of him one bit, Trout, Mosley, Cotto, Mayweather. He's 34 mate and he's only had the same amount of fight Canelo did at 21, you're buying the hype too much... there's no way he "destroys him" he's too good for that. GGG is heavier and hits hard... he's not the better boxer no way jose as they say in Mexico and he can get knocked out trust me... watch the Kirkland knockout that could be your boy. What I find funny about the fanboys arguments for him ducking is GGG said there's no way he will fight at 155lbs I mean that's not a huge step from 160 I know it makes a difference but if the shoe were on the other foot. Plus don't pick a few fanboys the hardcore fans know different than the casuals who jump on whats hot.

You 2 could be on the undercard of Zin vs Mactheknife if you keep this flirting up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.