The Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ono, 26 Oct 2010.

1. steviemc

steviemc

Musician
    I don't bother with the press conferences and much of the pre-fight spectacle nowadays. You don't really learn anything useful from these as the main purpose is to generate contraversial hype/interest - hence most of these become mini soap-operas. Fine if you like that sort of thing, but something more befitting for tongue-in-cheek sports like WWE or Extreme Ironing.

2. yeseye

yeseye

old bill
    EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
  3. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Golovkin fights Daniel Jacobs at MSG early hours live on Boxnation. Not seen the undercard but know Andy Lee makes a return.

4. leighton

leighton

Andys been out for over a year. He cant afford to lose another fight or he may as well retire. Been in some good fights. His fight with BJS in which he lost he should of won that fight only for a nightmare round 3 where he went down twice in that round. I dont know if he still has the heart to keep on fighting will find out sooner or later. He will always get on the cards in the US as he can be a exciting fighter to watch. His chin isnt the greatest but he can bang.

5. yeseye

yeseye

old bill
  6. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    This will be the first time i have seen this Golovkin fella fight. Comments on here though have me looking forward to it, he sounds a double good boxer.

7. SuperKevinHorlock

SuperKevinHorlock

Work Club Tutor
    Salford: Headquarters of The Wheelchair Soprano Cr
    Gonzalez fight of the year personally thought he won it but cannot begrudge the Thai bloke.

8. Metalartin

Metalartin

I knew it... HBO's biggest draw wont lose a close fight even if he really should. Jacobs won for me.

I will watch it again but Jacobs looked to be outboxing him(simply looked the better boxer) far too many rounds for those score cards to be taken seriously, this head movement that people said would be there when he needed it wasn't, Brook showed it, it was nothing to do with not respecting his power he couldn't handle the speed.

9. yeseye

yeseye

old bill
    Gutted for the lad, i thought he may have nicked it. Hopefully he'll be back and may get another chance, but he will have to stop G which won't be easy.

10. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Fair play to Jacobs he's one tough kid.