The Boxing thread

Yep. Think AJ getting put on his arse will do him more good than harm.
Make him realise they are other heavyweights out there that can punch, too.
True he's also shown he has a good chin, another question answered fully tonight for all his doubters. It was good to see that he didn't panic, did all the right things after the knockdown.

As they said on sky, I hope Fury uses this fight tonight as his inspiration to get back into shape, it's a long road after seeing the size of him the other week.

Best heavyweight fight in 20 years that..

A younger fighter though, with the engine to sustain pressure, would have AJ in trouble imo...

Wlad is a great ambassador for the sport and should walk away now with his legacy in tact!

I wouldn't just say the UK mate - if anything, it's been worse in the States and neither brother has gotten the recognition they deserve until recently. It's a shame because they were the only 2 that kept the division going for long periods but now things are looking more competive in the heavyweight division just when one brother has already retired and the other is surely close to it.

I agree and it's easy to mistake more competition with more quality.

The heavyweight division is no better than it has been for the last decade in terms of quality.

Tonight was the first time AJ has been in with a top quality operator and he's been world champion for over a year. It speaks volumes that you can hold a world title without having pushed yourself. None of the other champions look special either.

AJ has taken over the Klitchko mantle and will go on to dominate the division. Wilder and Parker are average boxers and will be found out by the end of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.