The Boxing thread

Thought klitscho was superb up to that punch. Winning fairly comfortably but when u get hit by that punch it's game over. AJ will learn so much from that and make him a better boxer.

Superb fight but when the dust settles AJ and his team will know they have work to do.

For so much talk of his inexperience I thought AJ did two things really well; 1- He threw himself to the floor after that stunning shot from Vlad. Had he tried to stay up he would have taken a few more nasty shots and that would have been that. 2- When he caught Vlad with that uppercut he didn't go charging at him and punch himself out, he stalked him, made the ring small and finally caught him with another to put him on his arse again. It was only when Vlad had nothing left to give that he went all in on him. He also did well to take a few rounds out in the middle rounds knowing that Vlad wasn't gonna go in for the kill.

Vlad fought great fight but he'll take to his grave a missed opportunity and wonder why he didn't go for the kill after the knockdown. That's the way he is I suppose.

We can talk until the cows come home about how Fury got inside Vlad's head before the fight and how off Vlad was but this fight does wonders for Fury. Honestly think AJ needs to avoid him for a few more fights because if Fury can get back to his best he might just outsmart him.

I like Bellew as a pundit but my God what a deluded prick. If you'd never heard his accent you'd still guess he was a Scouser. He keeps putting himself in the same category as these guys but AJ, Fury, Wilder and Parker would murder him.

Superb fight but when the dust settles AJ and his team will know they have work to do.

For so much talk of his inexperience I thought AJ did two things really well; 1- He threw himself to the floor after that stunning shot from Vlad. Had he tried to stay up he would have taken a few more nasty shots and that would have been that. 2- When he caught Vlad with that uppercut he didn't go charging at him and punch himself out, he stalked him, made the ring small and finally caught him with another to put him on his arse again. It was only when Vlad had nothing left to give that he went all in on him. He also did well to take a few rounds out in the middle rounds knowing that Vlad wasn't gonna go in for the kill.

Vlad fought great fight but he'll take to his grave a missed opportunity and wonder why he didn't go for the kill after the knockdown. That's the way he is I suppose.

We can talk until the cows come home about how Fury got inside Vlad's head before the fight and how off Vlad was but this fight does wonders for Fury. Honestly think AJ needs to avoid him for a few more fights because if Fury can get back to his best he might just outsmart him.

I like Bellew as a pundit but my God what a deluded prick. If you'd never heard his accent you'd still guess he was a Scouser. He keeps putting himself in the same category as these guys but AJ, Fury, Wilder and Parker would murder him.
I don't like bellew as anything he talks the height of shite, and doesn't stop with it either haha

Thought klitscho was superb up to that punch. Winning fairly comfortably but when u get hit by that punch it's game over. AJ will learn so much from that and make him a better boxer.

People keep saying this, and I agree, but the official scorecards had Joshua up by 3, 2 and Vlad up by two in the other so AJ was winning the fight and looking the stronger in the 11th even before he caught him with that beauty.

Most probably mate unless Fury can sort himself out smartish
Gotcha.

Whilst a few of you who follow boxing are around i have a quick question if you could help...

Basically i hear even by commentators stuff like 'you won't get the call here in las vegas/nyc' are all countries as bad that if the non american/guy from a different state is even winning a little bit they can wang it to give the decision to the fan fav/local boy.

So my question is two fold...

1, Is america very bad for officiating and they look after their own in the same vein as utd and sky sports? if so why is it tolerated, surely this is not good for the sport being a bit less open to interpretation than footy and less variables. Is it local bribes to government that bats away any questions about xyz fight?

2, Are other countries as bad and more specifically are we decent or as bad as the Americans seem to be. When i do watch it i don't recall to many controversial score card decisions here or am i imagining that? If we are bad why is it tolerated?

People keep saying this, and I agree, but the official scorecards had Joshua up by 3, 2 and Vlad up by two in the other so AJ was winning the fight and looking the stronger in the 11th even before he caught him with that beauty.
Yep I saw it that way too(well I missed a few of the early rounds but if they were indeed Joshua rounds then I had it even going into the 11th), it's funny the stream I watched was switching between showtime and sky... it was like they had it backwards I was expecting sky to be pro Joshua the way they called things but Froch was pretty generous towards Wlad all night. Even when he wasn't really landing much he was getting credit for "looking comfortable doing what he wants" when Joshua was the busier fighter. It doesn't really matter in the end but it's a bit of a stretch to try and say Joshua needed the knockout or that one punch changed the fight out of nowhere. Also this is a more impressive win than Fury's over Klitschko, he did it in better style(no awkwardness or mindgames) people want to see stoppages/KOs that's what draws the attention of the wider public, against a better version of Wlad on the night.

Last edited:
Gotcha.

Whilst a few of you who follow boxing are around i have a quick question if you could help...

Basically i hear even by commentators stuff like 'you won't get the call here in las vegas/nyc' are all countries as bad that if the non american/guy from a different state is even winning a little bit they can wang it to give the decision to the fan fav/local boy.

So my question is two fold...

1, Is america very bad for officiating and they look after their own in the same vein as utd and sky sports? if so why is it tolerated, surely this is not good for the sport being a bit less open to interpretation than footy and less variables. Is it local bribes to government that bats away any questions about xyz fight?

2, Are other countries as bad and more specifically are we decent or as bad as the Americans seem to be. When i do watch it i don't recall to many controversial score card decisions here or am i imagining that? If we are bad why is it tolerated?
Answer mate, yes and yes haha, look at tonight for instance I personally thought klitschko was in front up until the storage, don't no about you? But the cards read otherwise, yes America is notorious for dodgy decisions as are some other countries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.