The Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ono, 26 Oct 2010.

1. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Hate all this mandatory shit just crack on. There's fighters ahead of Hughie who deserve a shot at the WBO.

2. ell

ell

True but if you dont have mandatory they end up fighting people even less worthy than Hughie and holding the belt hostage (see Wilder)

3. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Professional Moaner
    Well he could lose it today if he gets a ban.

I agree aswell.

4. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Wilder did beat that internet troll in LA. It's on youtube. He teed up and missed when the kid was sat down.

5. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Warrington could be in for a tough night, Kiko is no mug. Big test for Josh.

6. ell

ell

Not watched the fight yet but heard its another controversial decision. Cant say im surprised Josh Warrington is nothing more than a ticket seller, Selby and Frampton would take the piss

7. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

One had it even, think the others had him by 4 rnds, not sure how they scored that. Warrington like you said is a cash cow for Warren and he'll pick his fights carefully. Good energy but soft hands, not world level for me.

8. leighton

leighton

Josh Warrington I just dont get the kid being honest. I dont think he beleives he can win a world title. He avoided the Selby fight when it was on the table. Now I rate all the Selby's highly Lee is a great talent and the younger Selby looks a good 1 too. But for Warrington to go and avoid his biggest pay day at that time seemed daft to me.

Nice to see both Yafais in the ring at the weekend I wouldnt be shocked to see both being World Champions in the future. Sure its a bit of a mine field the Featherweights. A lot of fights should hopefully happen. Selby v Frampton would be a good fight. Its a shame that Frampton is unlikely to get LSC fight in Belfast as I truely believe Frampton would win the decider and LSC is been advised to stay away. Frampton i think is fighting in Belfast soon but against who i dont know. But can see him fighting for a world title by the end of the year. Who it be against I dont know but some great fights out there. Quigg v Selby will be a easy night for Selby if that fight happens.

9. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Professional Moaner
    Not a chance will Selby beat Quigg.

That will be on the undercard of Joshua v Klit 2 if it happens in Cardiff.

10. leighton

leighton

Why do you think Quigg will beat Selby?? Quigg didnt look great last time out. Selby is a world class fighter he is a slick fighter. Quigg can cope with fighters who can box and take a shot., I.e Frampton out boxed Quigg and Frampton as crazy as it seems was struggling to make weight and still done more than enough to beat Quigg in his back yard. I be honest Quigg is the most hyped British fighter for me. His last fight was a real close fight closer than the cards made out it to be. IF that guy could bang more Quigg would of been in more danger. It was the same with the Sallinas fight a few years back which finished a draw Quigg couldnt cope with the boxer who he never gave a rematch too. Quigg is the best managed fighter on Matchrooms fighters. I cant fault the management but I just think Quigg is over rated.