The Boxing thread

I think it depends on the venue and the card. IF it doesnt have a good card with say a couple of local based fighters on the card then the locals will stay out in the bars which is sad. I think with everything the last show i was at in Dublin a Matchroom show with Mathew Macklin fighting. But Hearn done a smart thing and had a host of local fighters on the bill fighting. He is doing it again up in Belfast for the Ryan Burnett world title fight. Now dont get me wrong its a cheap card for Hearn to put on but for those there those local grudge fights can be brilliant to see too. So on the undercard I think big Tommy McCarthy is fighting Mike Perez the Cork based Cuban is the big local undercard fight which will be a great match up while it lasts. Also it be jammed packed with a lot of talented Irish boxers all over the bill too. Paul Hyland Jnr looks a good prospect might win a European title but just lacks the power to be a World champion for me is also on the card and Tyrone McCullagh too who I want to see going up in class think he will go far can bang a bit.

Agreed mate. also, the trouble with opposing fans, seems to be happening more and more. Frampton's fans were top draw, mixed flags and football tops all singing their hearts out together, no sign of trouble, we had a brilliant night.

Brook made weight no problem. Won't know til tmw night how much getting back down has taken out of him. Really looking forward to this one

Agreed mate. also, the trouble with opposing fans, seems to be happening more and more. Frampton's fans were top draw, mixed flags and football tops all singing their hearts out together, no sign of trouble, we had a brilliant night.

The thing with Irish boxing the gyms up around here are brilliant. No bullshit in the gyms no matter where you come from or who you are its the same for everyone. Carl has a huge fanbase down in Southern Ireland the whole of Ireland loves the guys that fight. Down South we havnt been blessed with the standard or the fighters up North. Boxing up in north of Ireland is on par with boxing anywhere in the UK. Some great talent up there. Down South we have Andy Lee and before him World Title winners Steve Collins and Benard Dunne. Up North Wayne McCullough was my favourite figher loved the guy never ducked anyone the best chin in the business but was feather fisted sadly.
Now up North I am thinking wow there coming into a golden era for talented fighters. Paddy Barnes and Michael Conlan turning pro will benefit boxing up North for years to come add on top of that fighters down South in Katie Taylor and Jason Quigley are by far our best chances to become World Champions but the main talent will always come from the North of Ireland. The brilliant thing for me is that there is a great set of ams coming through to take over from the likes of Conlan and Barnes and they have a passionate leader of the ams now in Benard Dunne it could well be a interesting few years for boxing as a whole in Ireland.
Thats the main reason why every single fighter based in Ireland gets some good support when they are fighting i the UK or anywhere around the world were a small nation but 1 of our own fighting we go out in our droves. A few beers and watching the fights.

As for tomorrow. Groves will be world champion by reports from the gym he is boxing extremly well and looks composed and sure that he will win the title.

As for the main event I like Spence Jnr think he is a special talent like Kel too. I see 2 things happening. Spence Jnr wins by KO or Kel on points there the only results I see from this fight. I think Kel and weight drop and who he is fighting this could be the hardest fight for him. Has he healed up well and can he still make the weight. Will he still have the energy to compete with Spence. If and when Spence goes to the body it will answer a lot of questions for me.

The thing with Irish boxing the gyms up around here are brilliant. No bullshit in the gyms no matter where you come from or who you are its the same for everyone. Carl has a huge fanbase down in Southern Ireland the whole of Ireland loves the guys that fight. Down South we havnt been blessed with the standard or the fighters up North. Boxing up in north of Ireland is on par with boxing anywhere in the UK. Some great talent up there. Down South we have Andy Lee and before him World Title winners Steve Collins and Benard Dunne. Up North Wayne McCullough was my favourite figher loved the guy never ducked anyone the best chin in the business but was feather fisted sadly.
Now up North I am thinking wow there coming into a golden era for talented fighters. Paddy Barnes and Michael Conlan turning pro will benefit boxing up North for years to come add on top of that fighters down South in Katie Taylor and Jason Quigley are by far our best chances to become World Champions but the main talent will always come from the North of Ireland. The brilliant thing for me is that there is a great set of ams coming through to take over from the likes of Conlan and Barnes and they have a passionate leader of the ams now in Benard Dunne it could well be a interesting few years for boxing as a whole in Ireland.
Thats the main reason why every single fighter based in Ireland gets some good support when they are fighting i the UK or anywhere around the world were a small nation but 1 of our own fighting we go out in our droves. A few beers and watching the fights.

As for tomorrow. Groves will be world champion by reports from the gym he is boxing extremly well and looks composed and sure that he will win the title.

As for the main event I like Spence Jnr think he is a special talent like Kel too. I see 2 things happening. Spence Jnr wins by KO or Kel on points there the only results I see from this fight. I think Kel and weight drop and who he is fighting this could be the hardest fight for him. Has he healed up well and can he still make the weight. Will he still have the energy to compete with Spence. If and when Spence goes to the body it will answer a lot of questions for me.

Yeah boxing like other sports can be a great leveller. Frampton has my respect not just as a boxer, but for not giving a fuck about religion and getting the local community's involved regardless.

I still go with Spence but hope im wrong and Kell keeps the belt

As for Quigg, he could get lost in with all freddie's fighters, but i also see it as a great opportunity for scott. A fresh start after his broken jaw and splitting up with joe. One thing in his favour the kid trains relentless, he will be in the gym noon till night if he's allowed. If he's got it, now's his time to shine.

Errol win for me. Either late stoppage or points. I like Kell but Spence will be taking the belt home imo.

I agree mate I think he will knock Kell out sadly think that Golovkin fight will have took something out of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.