The Boxing thread

Premature stoppage and definitely a few low shots. Still think Ward would of gone on to win just a shame it ended like that. Great fight though.
Agree with that. Ward would probably have gone on to win as once again Kovalev looked gassed but there's no denying that a few of those shots were low by Ward. He landed a couple more low shots during that fight and to call it off the way he did was disgraceful from the referee.

I don't think Kovalev would have won had it not been stopped there but I guess we'll never really know.

Anyone boxing fans seen lomachenko. He looks the real deal unbelievable footwork and skills

Was quite pissed at the time and had no sound on(sometimes better to do that) but I noticed Kovalev turn his back in the same round and immediately sensed a stoppage coming, it was involuntary and the shot was bang on the belt(as were most of the the shots that are being called as low by some), can't see how the Kovalev fans can turn this into a controversy he was feeling it and Ward knew it and pounced on him there was only going to be one winner.

I will watch it all again tonight but it seemed a great fight looked very even until the latter part of the fight but I called this one right with Ward getting the win despite most boxing fans going for Kovalev, Ward deserves huge credit for this and has earned his place in the P4P toplist for sure now.

Last edited:
The punch Ward caught Kovolev with just prior was a peach, that said the ref should of been given him at least an 8 count for Wards low shots. I thought Ward fought a brilliant fight and glad he won. Had him up by one before the end.

Anyone boxing fans seen lomachenko. He looks the real deal unbelievable footwork and skills
He had an unreal Amateur record. When he finally turned pro he lost an early fight to the Old Fox Salido but has been terrific since.
Not a youngster (29) so needs to crack on with the big fights.

He had an unreal Amateur record. When he finally turned pro he lost an early fight to the Old Fox Salido but has been terrific since.

Salido got away with murder in that fight, lucky not to get points docked. It was the morning we played Sunderland at wembley. Lomachenko has it all and is a joy to watch.

Is he the fella that made the black guy/other fella (sorry if that is not acceptable, i dunno names) retire in the middle of a round? if so he looked good, very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.