The Boxing thread

I think this is a fight to capture the masses rather than the hardcore(there's more money in the masses that's just the way it is) they are both cashing in on their popularity.

Wasn't there a South African boxer who's sparred with McGregor and said he was easy for him to to hit "and I aint no Foyld"?

McGregor can punch obviously so a punchers chance but we've seen how punchers fare against Floyd and they are probably more varied in their punches having focused on one form of attack, I think he's going to look strong but limited in a boxing ring.

It would be the same if Floyd tried to do MMA, he'd be going for punches when McGregor would be at a huge advantage thinking about so much more i.e in their own domain they have far more in their arsenal than the other.

It'll all be choreographed like WWE, if it wasn't then it would be so one sided they'd never get to fleece the public for the 2nd time for the rematch

I think you are all being a bit cynical. Mgregor is bigger, younger (14 years!) and a real animal. Not a certainty this.

He's not a professional boxer though. It's like expecting Jimi Hendrix to be able to play violin in the Vienna Philharmonic or a baseball player trying to bat for the West Indies.

It's stupid as fuck but I really want to watch it, on a free stream.

I hope McGregor gets wound up and kicks him or does a takedown for the spectacle. It'd probably be scripted but well enjoyable.

It'll all be choreographed like WWE, if it wasn't then it would be so one sided they'd never get to fleece the public for the 2nd time for the rematch
That's what the Haye vs Bellew felt like to me, I know some may not agree but it really wouldn't surprised me if Haye really really needed the money and Hearn and co planned it all.

I look forward to seeing the Pacquiao fight this weekend. One of the greatest fighters of all time. Hope he can KO Horn at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.