The Boxing thread

I don't see the need for a Haye vs Bellew 2 but oddly those who paid for the first bout didn't even seem to complain, so it has it's audience and they seem happy with it.

I still have a feeling there may be something up with Haye(crocked and needs the money?), he went into the fight having suffered the same injury that re-occurred(unsurprisingly) during the fight as the rumour in the week before the fight suggested. He went to Germany for a last minute patching up that was never going to work on an injury like that, that seems as though he was desperate for the fight to go ahead even at the expense of his health. Or maybe he really really needed the money and struck a deal(matchroom/sky) and ALL of it was faked including the injury being leaked and the injury itself happening in the fight? It actually was kind of like a wrestling story, you could almost imagine Jim Ross shouting "OMG his leg snapped damn near in half... the heart of this man is the only thing keeping him up, that tough son of a gun!"

I've also been wondering why would Bellew move up weights and only fight Haye who used to be one of the biggest punchers pound for pound? He could have had another fight to prove the move up isn't a stunt but instead waited ages for Haye to recover for a rematch. How long is normal for a recovery such as that does anyone know? Seems like he's recovered fast.

I don't see the need for a Haye vs Bellew 2 but oddly those who paid for the first bout didn't even seem to complain, so it has it's audience and they seem happy with it.

I still have a feeling there may be something up with Haye(crocked and needs the money?), he went into the fight having suffered the same injury that re-occurred(unsurprisingly) during the fight as the rumour in the week before the fight suggested. He went to Germany for a last minute patching up that was never going to work on an injury like that, that seems as though he was desperate for the fight to go ahead even at the expense of his health. Or maybe he really really needed the money and struck a deal(matchroom/sky) and ALL of it was faked including the injury being leaked and the injury itself happening in the fight? It actually was kind of like a wrestling story, you could almost imagine Jim Ross shouting "OMG his leg snapped damn near in half... the heart of this man is the only thing keeping him up, that tough son of a gun!"

I've also been wondering why would Bellew move up weights and only fight Haye who used to be one of the biggest punchers pound for pound? He could have had another fight to prove the move up isn't a stunt but instead waited ages for Haye to recover for a rematch. How long is normal for a recovery such as that does anyone know? Seems like he's recovered fast.

I believe there was a clause (due to his history) that a pull out made him liable.... he'd of never been able to get a legitimate 7 figure payday again.... he's 100% broke (not breadline broke), however, bellew can potentially make more from this than any other fight out there, no heavyweight will take him seriously!!

however, bellew can potentially make more from this than any other fight out there, no heavyweight will take him seriously!!

Agree with that, which is why I think he could get a cheap shot at the Parker / Fury winner. He doesn't represent much of a risk, but backed by Matchroom, it would be a big enough payday for a relatively easy voluntary. He would risk all that if he signs to fight Haye again.

Agree with that, which is why I think he could get a cheap shot at the Parker / Fury winner. He doesn't represent much of a risk, but backed by Matchroom, it would be a big enough payday for a relatively easy voluntary. He would risk all that if he signs to fight Haye again.

For prestige then fine but bellew, like haye, is about his money.... I'd be confident that he'd be earning nearly 4 times as much by facing Haye again compared to a potential Parker/fury fight...

Trust me Haye wins the rematch with Bellew. By a early KO then early next year will be the 3rd fight to see who is the best out of the 2 of them. I think that will be more of a outcome.

This weekend I fancy Luke Campbell to win the title he is a great fighter Luke got all the shots in the world. Would love to see the winner of that fight fighting Turbo Terry Flanagan. I think he needs to move from Warren he is missing out on all these big fights while with Warren a move to Matchroom would turn him into a bigger star.

Trust me Haye wins the rematch with Bellew. By a early KO then early next year will be the 3rd fight to see who is the best out of the 2 of them. I think that will be more of a outcome.

This weekend I fancy Luke Campbell to win the title he is a great fighter Luke got all the shots in the world. Would love to see the winner of that fight fighting Turbo Terry Flanagan. I think he needs to move from Warren he is missing out on all these big fights while with Warren a move to Matchroom would turn him into a bigger star.

A fit Haye demolishes Bellew, but Haye hasn't been fully fit for years and isn't likely to be again. He's just trying to bleed the last few quid out of his career. We all know that, and yet we'll all still tune in!

I'd like Campbell to come back with the belt, but I don't think he carries the power to keep Linares at bay. The pressure will be too much eventually.

Agree about Terry. That lad is missing out on big fights. The Crolla fight has loads of sub-plots to make it an easy sell and generate big dough for them both, but I doubt it would happen unless Terry moved on.

Absolutely gutted about Andre Ward retiring, Beterbiev Gvozdyk and Bivol all coming through its going to be a red hot division soon. Maybe even Stevenson might have to get involved in a decent fight.

Absolutely gutted about Andre Ward retiring, Beterbiev Gvozdyk and Bivol all coming through its going to be a red hot division soon. Maybe even Stevenson might have to get involved in a decent fight.

Andre Ward is a class fighter. Never ducked anyone. If he doesnt want to fight on best off getting out and at 33 he has made more than enough to keep him and his family in a good life for a long long time.

The weigh in was lively today, looking fwd to this Parker needs to step up or he'll lose. Plenty of needle with Singleton and Peter McDonagh on the undercard, hope Shayne wins that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.