The Boxing thread

It was interesting hearing what they said about why Eubank Jnr focused on his uppercut so much, something to do with a reoccurring elbow injury, maybe that's got a lot to do with the amount of proper KOs(he has plenty of TKOs to be fair) he has. I suppose it doesn't matter much to regular boxing fans as long as he wins but KOs are what gets the masses talking and that's where the money is. Just looking at his physique and his pedigree though who knows how many KOs he'd have if not for the elbow problems?

Sick of seeing fighters allow Eubank to lie on their chest long enough for Eubank to force the elbow in to open up their defence and then wind up them uppercuts. Such an obvious tactic. Groves will show that with a solid jab and decent footwork you can eliminate that threat straight away.

Sick of seeing fighters allow Eubank to lie on their chest long enough for Eubank to force the elbow in to open up their defence and then wind up them uppercuts. Such an obvious tactic. Groves will show that with a solid jab and decent footwork you can eliminate that threat straight away.
Top point you’ve just made there mate

The Sky card was better than I thought the british title fight stole the show for me Lewis Ritson looked great and put on a great showing. Him in with Cardle would be a good fight or Masher Dodds and I think after that fight on Saturday he will only get better and better.

Conor Benn is progressing along great I would like to see him moved on a bit now. Needs a test sooner rather than later.

Eggington was out classed and being honest will be doing well if he gets back to European level again but he is still only 25 or 26

As for the big fight. Feel for Ricky Burns that fight up in Scotland and Burns would of got the nod. I had it level I couldnt split the 2 of them.

I hold my hand up about Eubank Jnr but I still dont think he will win it outsright.

I fancy Groves but it's a close call. I think his jab will dictate most of the rnds. Jnr will need to take risks and get inside it. Groves has the power to put him down, but if he can get close we know he's got some decent shots, especially the uppercut. Maybe he'll open Groves up. Groves on points for me.

I fancy Groves but it's a close call. I think his jab will dictate most of the rnds. Jnr will need to take risks and get inside it. Groves has the power to put him down, but if he can get close we know he's got some decent shots, especially the uppercut. Maybe he'll open Groves up. Groves on points for me.

He'll walk through groves jab, his conditioning looks top notch now.... groves struggles with fighters on the inside, it could actually be a quick fight imo!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.