The Boxing thread

I saw Tyson Fury was offering a £5000 bet on Parker knocking out Joshua to anyone that wanted it. I like Tyson and find him entertaining but not sure what he sees here, Parker has looked bng average since stepping up in class. Think AJ should take him on in the UK in the Spring as a step up to Wilder in the US.
Fury has been sucking up to Wilder too recently saying "you're going to take my £50m if you fight him first" it's probably wishful thinking as he sees the others as more beatable... on the other hand the cynic in me says Hearns put him up to it, make sure those fights do well commercially by bigging up the opponent and he'll make sure he gets his shot at AJ maybe?

Fury has been sucking up to Wilder too recently saying "you're going to take my £50m if you fight him first" it's probably wishful thinking as he sees the others as more beatable... on the other hand the cynic in me says Hearns put him up to it, make sure those fights do well commercially by bigging up the opponent and he'll make sure he gets his shot at AJ maybe?

I suppose he's just trying to diss AJ and get in his head but your cynical side might be right on this one. Also wouldn't besurprised if Fury never makes it back for one reason or another.

I suppose he's just trying to diss AJ and get in his head but your cynical side might be right on this one. Also wouldn't besurprised if Fury never makes it back for one reason or another.

I said the same about Fury myself. Just think he doesnt have the heart to compete and get into fighting shape. Which is sad to think from a World Champion but you dont know what Fury your getting from day to day.

Seems like Hearn is lining up Parker in Spring and Wilder around Christmas 2018 for AJ though there seems to be a distnce between the promoters over the size of Parker's purse for the fight.

Seems like Hearn is lining up Parker in Spring and Wilder around Christmas 2018 for AJ though there seems to be a distnce between the promoters over the size of Parker's purse for the fight.
Dont often defend Hearn but no way is Parker worth 40% of the purse, besides the WBO belt he brings nothing to the party. Hope it gets made though.

Parker has just earned the biggest payday of his career so far v fury. £1.1m. so he brings very little to the table for the AJ fight apart from the least coveted belt. no way he can demand 40% but you can't blame him for trying to get as much as he can because after the aj fight he won't be getting another big payday again. probably about 20% would match all his past and future earnings for the rest of his entire career in this one fight. so no way he turns it down

Garcia looks much bigger than Frampton in there, he should keep the fight at a distance as his trainer is saying and stay off those ropes too. When a fighter keeps moving to the ropes instinctively it's normally a sign of tiredness, needs to go to the body on Garcia, to slow him down to make it easier to find some distance.

Last edited:
I think British boxing commentary always misses good defence, you could see on the replays when Carl was on the ropes in round 9 he was catching most of those shots on the gloves and moving his head, then came back with a rally getting off a good bunch of punches on the mark as he moved off the ropes... how does he not win that little exchange?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.