The Boxing thread

Loma is the best boxer in the world.

Unreal performance.

Were you really that impressed? I don't think he ever had to get out of first gear to win that comfortably.

My hunch was completely and utterly off the mark I thought that was an embarrassing performance from Rigondeaux considering the skillset he possesses. Constantly ducking well below the waist, excessive holding and refusing to pull the trigger, and then basically jacking it in despite not exactly taking any real damage himself. Lomachenko was slightly sharper, obviously bigger and busy enough to catch the eye and win every round, but that was not vintage Lomachenko by any means. Rigondeaux was scandalously negative. Only thing I could give him credit for were the occasional classy pivots in and out of range, showig tremendous balance. The issue he had was Lomachenko was just as good in that department and therefore Rigo couldn't spin off into a position where he could threaten Lomachenko on the counter. Half the time Lomachenko just landed flurries of pitter patter punches on Rigo as he leaned on his back foot and tried to stay out of danger, presumably to try and lull Lomachenko into extending too much with his back and and leaving himself open to the possibility of falling into a sharp Rigo counter. That just never happened. Loma kept it nice and short when he had to, peppered him with jabs in those exchanges and racked up the points. No damage done, but points in the bag. He was very smart for sure, but the beyond extraordinary stuff we've seen from Lomachenko in the past just wasn't required last night. Massive let down and Rigo reverted to the other side of his character that I didn't mention when talking before the fight, in that he has a real capacity for stinking out the joint with horribly negative and non-commital performances. He saved the worst one for the biggest fight of his career and then blamed a sore hand. He's had nearly 500 amateur and pro fights in his life and I bet he's fought on with worse injuries before. Pathetic way to toss away a major opportunity on the biggest stage..

For the record I agree Lomachenko is the best in the world. To win a fight of that magnitude so easily says it all about the talent of the guy.

Once the ref stopped the holding, Rigo knew the game was up and withdrew almost immediately. Unable to hold, he could not stop the Loma attacks and was in for an uncomfortable last half of the fight. I saw no evidence to support a hand injury prior to the withdrawal.

Were you really that impressed? I don't think he ever had to get out of first gear to win that comfortably.

My hunch was completely and utterly off the mark I thought that was an embarrassing performance from Rigondeaux considering the skillset he possesses. Constantly ducking well below the waist, excessive holding and refusing to pull the trigger, and then basically jacking it in despite not exactly taking any real damage himself. Lomachenko was slightly sharper, obviously bigger and busy enough to catch the eye and win every round, but that was not vintage Lomachenko by any means. Rigondeaux was scandalously negative. Only thing I could give him credit for were the occasional classy pivots in and out of range, showig tremendous balance. The issue he had was Lomachenko was just as good in that department and therefore Rigo couldn't spin off into a position where he could threaten Lomachenko on the counter. Half the time Lomachenko just landed flurries of pitter patter punches on Rigo as he leaned on his back foot and tried to stay out of danger, presumably to try and lull Lomachenko into extending too much with his back and and leaving himself open to the possibility of falling into a sharp Rigo counter. That just never happened. Loma kept it nice and short when he had to, peppered him with jabs in those exchanges and racked up the points. No damage done, but points in the bag. He was very smart for sure, but the beyond extraordinary stuff we've seen from Lomachenko in the past just wasn't required last night. Massive let down and Rigo reverted to the other side of his character that I didn't mention when talking before the fight, in that he has a real capacity for stinking out the joint with horribly negative and non-commital performances. He saved the worst one for the biggest fight of his career and then blamed a sore hand. He's had nearly 500 amateur and pro fights in his life and I bet he's fought on with worse injuries before. Pathetic way to toss away a major opportunity on the biggest stage..

I was extemely let down by Rigo big time. I really rated him so highly he went out and gave the weakest preformance i have ever seen. He is technically 1 of the best and so too is Loma but to see how it ended and how poorly Rigo was and for him to also retire at times i was thinking when it ended there is something not right here a fix. I be honest i would be expecting the bets on the result as it was little punishment he took to force a retirement for my liking.

As for James DeGale my god its not been the best year for him.. His level seems to be falling away. Maybe a move away to a different trainer may help him but I think he will find it hard to get back that World title. Does he move up in weight might be worth a look at and go for a weaker champion to become a 2 weight world champion him and Warren will have a lot of things to think about.

Also the Smith brothers ear ouch.

What a crap fest that was. Rigo didn't even try to outbox Loma so he went to the old "Clench Gambit," again and again. Didn't work. Lomanchenko is too disciplined to fall for that shit. He just outpointed him on the few punches thrown (in a single round.) I'm praying the Gennedy vs Canelo rematch turns out to be something. Since the Van Horn debacle still leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Hasn’t Tyson retrospectively served his ban over two years? I welcome that car crash of a fighter back to the sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.