The Boy In The Striped Pajamas

tommcfc

Had read the book and was undecided about going to see the film as i thought it may ruin it for me.
however, i saw the film tonight and i would say it is a definate must see for absolutly anybody, the cast (especially the two young lads, Bruno and Schmoll) are all brilliant and the story is well put together.
for those who dont know the story or what happens i wont give anything away but it is an amazing film and i would strongly reccomend it to anyone.

I really want to see this. I've read the book too. Does it stick to it pretty much?
I might have to wait until it comes out on dvd so i can cry in the privacy of my own home and not at the cinema lol.
I think the actors all having posh English accents is going to put me off it a bit though!

I've never heard of it. I've heard of the boy with striped underpants, but I thought it was just a story to make young boys wipe their bum properly.

actually i was surprised at how closely it stuck to the book. it was almost word for word and the english accents are easily overlooked as the film is so good.
personally i can't see any advantage of doing it in german with english subtitles or with any sort of accent
it's a great watch nevertheless

tommcfc said:
for those who dont know the story or what happens i wont give anything away but it is an amazing film and i would strongly reccomend it to anyone.

FFS, you can tell us a little bit without ruining the ending.

newcrossblue said:
tommcfc said:

ok calm down m8
it's about a young boy [bruno] who is the son of a nazi officer in ww2 germany
his family move from their home in berlin to a concentration camp in the countryside
while there he befriends a young jewish boy called schmoll

that's all i'll say about it
it's a masterpiece

tommcfc said:
newcrossblue said:
tommcfc said:

ok calm down m8
his family move from their home in berlin to a concentration camp in the countryside

it's a masterpiece

That's more like it

I'm tempted now. Good man.

tommcfc said:
ok calm down m8

it's a masterpiece

To be fair, that just about ruins it from the book's point of view - none of that is clear until a fair way in to it.

I wish they had kept the original cover which didn't make the camp thing obvious at all - it was all gradually revealed to you through the eyes of the young boy who didn't know what was going on around him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.