the brave few off to Monaco

Just got back from the trip. A strange one really, everyone scattered with no focal point for travelling fans, mostly due to rumours of a "dry" Monaco but I'm hearing a few bars were open. We found that Nice wasn't particularly welcoming of groups of supporters, groups turned away from the more popular bars, so it wasn't until everyone congregated at the station for the train to Monaco that it felt like a proper away following. Loads of empty seats in our end tells me they could've given us considerably more tickets, considering we sold out the ridiculously small allocation.

Still can't fathom out that first half performance.

The train trip back to Milan yesterday was interesting, sharing a carriage full of our younger supporters, doing what they normally do involving copious amounts of beer and various other substances. The reception committee at Milan Central of Milans finest Drug Enforcement Squad and dozens of uniformed Police, tells me that their complete lack of discretion resulted in a delay to their departure and some time contemplating the error of their ways in an Italian nick.

On a final note, the lack of appreciation for the away support from our players was sickening. Pep walking off on his lonesome, didn't even look up at us. The majority of the players did the same, just a couple of pathetic half-hearted claps. The notable exception was John Stones, who has my utmost respect. It wasn't a cheap trip, the support was top notch, especially as the team walked off at half-time with the whole end urging them on, spine tingling stuff from the fans.

So, you know what Pep, when you next have a go at our "quiet" support and give it the big one in the media, I'll remember the lack of respect you showed us at Monaco. It works both ways r kid...
well said mate, especially about john stones.

its fair to say though that we were in same bar wed and thurs afternoons. the blue one, the staff were great with us and what a setting. had we won we may have had a Porto MK2.

Just got back from the trip. A strange one really, everyone scattered with no focal point for travelling fans, mostly due to rumours of a "dry" Monaco but I'm hearing a few bars were open. We found that Nice wasn't particularly welcoming of groups of supporters, groups turned away from the more popular bars, so it wasn't until everyone congregated at the station for the train to Monaco that it felt like a proper away following. Loads of empty seats in our end tells me they could've given us considerably more tickets, considering we sold out the ridiculously small allocation.

Still can't fathom out that first half performance.

The train trip back to Milan yesterday was interesting, sharing a carriage full of our younger supporters, doing what they normally do involving copious amounts of beer and various other substances. The reception committee at Milan Central of Milans finest Drug Enforcement Squad and dozens of uniformed Police, tells me that their complete lack of discretion resulted in a delay to their departure and some time contemplating the error of their ways in an Italian nick.

On a final note, the lack of appreciation for the away support from our players was sickening. Pep walking off on his lonesome, didn't even look up at us. The majority of the players did the same, just a couple of pathetic half-hearted claps. The notable exception was John Stones, who has my utmost respect. It wasn't a cheap trip, the support was top notch, especially as the team walked off at half-time with the whole end urging them on, spine tingling stuff from the fans.

So, you know what Pep, when you next have a go at our "quiet" support and give it the big one in the media, I'll remember the lack of respect you showed us at Monaco. It works both ways r kid...
I thought the TV coverage showed Pep pointing the players over to the fans after the final whistle.

I thought the TV coverage showed Pep pointing the players over to the fans after the final whistle.

No he was pointing to where the tunnel was !!! No player seemed arsed, (I accept Stones may have done, I missed it) OK they were pissed off but not as much as us who had shelled out hard earned dosh.
At least acknowledge us it's not a lot to ask.

I didn't notice the team at the end. From where I was sitting it was prudent to scarper as soon as the final whistle went

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.