The Courteeners

Aren't they just like Take That but play instruments to make them seem a bit more legit.

What I don't understand is it's a song about being 19 years old... not winning trophies.

Plus there is the great line of "I know it seems strange but things they change." So can I assume that this line means City are on their way to total dominance while the rags are going to have a tumble that makes Liverpool's fall look insignificant? :)

ImAwesome said:
Aren't they just like Take That but play instruments to make them seem a bit more legit.

I'd say they were Middleton's answer to The Arctic Monkeys with poorer lyrics and missed the indie band boat, but I probably think this because Arctic Monkeys had already done it.

It's admirable that they are donating the money to charity, they do get exposure from it. If Un***d make it official they get worldwide exposure. Clever ploy, nowt wrong with it.

blue81 said:
Whitworth Park said:
For the record, it's only Liam and one of the other guy's who are Rag fans.
Another is an Oldham fan and the fourth's not really interested.
Liam Fray is a nice guy and not a nob like our Liam.
I have seen them about 6 times and will do so again.
If you don't like their music thats fair enough but to dislike them because
they support the Rags is silly.

They are just bland and like someone else said the lead singer is a twunt - and I have that from my brother who has had dealings with him personally.

They have made it about football by releasing a single and giving the proceeds to Manchester Utd.

My Mate is their joint Manager and Liam is fine.

I note the people wading in with criticism have yet to offer the name or names of alternative bands. Now time to sit back and wait for vague comebacks or local outfits who released on EP and split.

ell said:
Average band dont really understand the hype. Dont know what the lads are like only seen them on Soccer AM once

There is little/no hype outside of Manchester believe me- hence the reason why they get little or no national/international recognition in terms of awards of success. We are desperate to find the next New Order, Smiths, Oasis etc etc that we blow some very average bands up hence the reason why The Courteeners exist.

blue81 said:
ell said:
Average band dont really understand the hype. Dont know what the lads are like only seen them on Soccer AM once

There is little/no hype outside of Manchester believe me- hence the reason why they get little or no national/international recognition in terms of awards of success. We are desperate to find the next New Order, Smiths, Oasis etc etc that we blow some very average bands up hence the reason why The Courteeners exist.

They sold out Brixton Academy quickly. It's a little bigger than the Apollo.

otherwise said:
What I don't understand is it's a song about being 19 years old... not winning trophies.

Plus there is the great line of "I know it seems strange but things they change." So can I assume that this line means City are on their way to total dominance while the rags are going to have a tumble that makes Liverpool's fall look insignificant? :)

And the last 2 lines:

Your not 19 forever
It's not big your definitely not clever

peoffrey said:
blue81 said:
ell said:

They sold out Brixton Academy quickly. It's a little bigger than the Apollo.

selling out venues 3k or 4k tickets (mostly ex pat Mancs) - hardly makes them the rolling stones- as I said nationally they get the airplay/awards/exposure their music deserves- very little.

I remember Thom Yorke once getting precious over the meaning of a song and telling fans what it was really about, annoyed that there had been some sort of misunderstanding. Now he really is a twunt.

The reality is that a band only owns the copyright - the physical property - of a song. Once its been released into the ether the connotations, feelings, and interpretation of that song is whatever the listener wishes it to be.

So Not Nineteen Forever is now supposedly a rag song? Nope, not to me. I've downed too many shots before a night out with it on full blast and tapped my hand on the steering wheel on too many sunny days for that to be the definitive case.

It will remain one of my top ten songs for making me feel alive and ace and if some now associate it with that lot that's up to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.