The dark side

The best way to hide to corrution is for authorities to just turn a blind eye and ingore any claims form whistle blowers.

Mark Halsey last year stated him and other referees came under presure by PGMOL to change their match reports. This allegation was just denied by PGMOL, no investigation, nothing. That is pure, unadultered. covered up corruption and the sporting media just accepted the statement.

Think that's the most disturbing part... and it seems to happen all the time, they just ignore it or don't report it and it goes away!

Think that's the most disturbing part... and it seems to happen all the time, they just ignore it or don't report it and it goes away!
They don't report it cos there all in on it.
They all want the same thing tge scum back at the top

I think the most bent day of PL football I've ever seen was the final say of the 11/12 season. All eyes were on our title win and the way we did it, but in the other games there were some astonishingly bent things going on. Bolton got relegated after Stoke literally barged their keeper into the net, then Crouch dived for a penalty after Bolton went against the script with some lucky goals. Then Arsenal clinched the crucial third place after Marton Fulop, who hadn't played a single other game for West Brom that season, threw the ball into his net repeatedly to win them the game and secure Arsenal the CL spot (good old honest Woy Hodgson was the West Brom manager who kindly decided to start Fulop, who then threw the game, but we all know Woy would never do anything dodgy. Both Woy and Fulop left West Brom within weeks of this happening)

Seriously, look back at premier league years 2011/12 and the final day and try not to get blinded by Sergio, because the other games were as bent as they come. The Arsenal one is one in a long line of "strange events" that have kept Arsenal in the CL every year at Spurs expense

Thanks for remind me about that. Yes I remember Fulop being at "fault" for all 3 goals, ex Spurs keeper as well.

For me the big dodgy one in the recent Premier League era, was, as dubbed by Everton fans, 'The Clattenburg Derby', where Liverpool came from a goal down to beat Everton 2-1 at Goodison. Hibbert brings down Gerrard in the box, Clattenburg gives penalty, then prepares to book Hibbert, Stevie G has a chat with him, Clattenburg changes his mind, and produces a red. Kuyts high tackle on Neville, no red card. Carragher brings down Lescott in the last minute, no penalty. There was a video on Youtube which highlighted all the peculiar instances of that game, but its since been removed for "Copyright laws".... Yeah okay... Consider that Clattenburg was suspended years ago for gambling reasons makes you wonder.

I've seen the Korea-Italy game from the 2002 WC being brought up, but the big one that slipped under the radar was Brazil-Belgium in the last 16. Belgium had a completely legitimate goal ruled out for a nonexistant "foul" which would have put them infront. FIFA, in order to placate the Belgians, gave them a poxy Fair Play Award, clearly a desperate attempt to hush them. Now, I wonder if Blatter had a vendetta against Italians. The Korea game is always brought up, but don't forget Italy-Croatia, and Italy-Mexico, both clearly corrupt games against Italy, they were robbed in both. Blatter didn't give the World Cup to Cannavaro in 2006, and wasn't present during the trophy ceremony. There was also accusations of drug cheating towards Turkey in 2002 that have never been quashed.

We can never forget good old Robert Hoyzer from Germany:

Yes, that last one was a penalty...

Last edited:
The Korea game is always brought up, but don't forget Italy-Croatia, and Italy-Mexico, both clearly corrupt games against Italy, they were robbed in both.
And the ref in that Italy-Croatia game was none other than our very own Graham Poll of course, who disallowed two seemingly good Italian goals. And who 4 years later, refereed Croatia again in a game against Australia where he "forgot" to send a Croatian player off despite showing two yellow cards. And people don't believe referees are bent.

And the ref in that Italy-Croatia game was none other than our very own Graham Poll of course, who disallowed two seemingly good Italian goals. And who 4 years later, refereed Croatia again in a game against Australia where he "forgot" to send a Croatian player off despite showing two yellow cards. And people don't believe referees are bent.

Never knew he officiated that game, and he was considered the best referee in the Premier League during the time of those two World Cups. No chance he could be that naive.

You are all absolute loons, good job you just post on this forum where you can do no harm and just post loon bollocks for other loons to read

Best bit is the insinuation that Leicester won the league due to dodgy dealings, so every other club was paid in a jumbo 24 pack of Walkers crisps to be shit all season?

Everything about the PGMOL screams cover up.

They have denied referees the right to appear in front of the media after games. I believe there is also a fund set up for retired referees which is dependent on them signing of a non-disclosure agreement. There are also ex referees on employed by Sky TV to explain how the game should be covered from a referees perspective. BT Sport brought in Halsey (who had refused the ND agreement) to do this ON screen, only to be booted out in a short time and replaced with Howard Webb.

From the Guardian

The body in charge of Premier League refereeing has denied claims made by the former match official Mark Halsey that he was put under pressure to say he had not seen controversial incidents take place in matches.

The 55-year-old, who retired at the end of the 2012-13 season, made the comments on social media, following the Football Association’s decision to hand the Manchester City striker Sergio Agüero a three-match ban for violent conduct following an incident in which the striker appeared to elbow West Ham’s Winston Reid.

Agüero was not reprimanded by the referee, Andre Marriner, during the game, although the striker was charged retrospectively and will now miss the Manchester derby on Saturday. City had appealed against the ban on the grounds that Marriner was close enough to the incident to adjudge whether action against Agüero was warranted at the time.

Only in circumstances where a referee has not seen a bookable offence can retrospective action be taken against a player.

In his post-match report, Marriner said he had not seen the incident, therefore permitting the subsequent video review that brought about Agüero’s three-match ban. Had Marriner seen the incident then such action could not have been taken.

“I have been in that situation when I have seen an incident and been told to say I haven’t seen it,” said Halsey on Twitter, adding: “To be fair to the FA … it comes from within the PGMOL” – a reference to the Professional Game Match Officials Limited.

Gary Neville, the former England and Manchester United defender, was among those immediately alarmed by the comments, responding: “Is that not corrupt?”

Rejecting Halsey’s allegation, the PGMOL said: “Match officials submit their reports, including critical incidents, directly to the FA. Match officials ensure that their reports are a full and accurate description of the incident. There is no pressure from the PGMOL to include or omit anything.”

( https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-referee-claims-manchester-city-sergio-aguero )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.