The Derby Post Match Thread

I actually thought it was refreshing to see a change of tact and pragmatism from Manuel, didn't know he had it in him.

Next big headache is what to do with Yaya, especially for those big games and CL fixtures.

Me too. When I saw the team sheet i was actually relieved. United bossed us last season in midfield. I couldn't take another humiliation like last year. I'm sure sure if pellers learnt from his mistake or played to who he had available, or unavailable.

Yaya wise, it would be a huge call to drop him for the champs league/top 4 games. I would be happy setting up as per the derby swapping Sergio with bony/Silva in for sterling.

We have seen Toure starting in an advanced position several times now (not just this season) and it has never worked. Doesnt look like a valid setup. I think we have to bite the bullet and use Toure as an impact sub in those games. He is fine starting in a CM-twosome in most games.

I would have been happy with a point pre game, but it really showed our reliance on Silva, similar to the spurs second half. the gap between our ability with and without him shouldn't be so great if we want to be in the top 3 or 4 teams in the world, that was the most worrying outcome for me. With silva I think we could batter that united team, without him we're settling for a point.

I would have been happy with a point pre game, but it really showed our reliance on Silva, similar to the spurs second half. the gap between our ability with and without him shouldn't be so great if we want to be in the top 3 or 4 teams in the world, that was the most worrying outcome for me. With silva I think we could batter that united team, without him we're settling for a point.

Bit unfair - we werent just missing Silva. Also Aguero, Nasri, Delph and Clichy. Aguero clearly critical, but Nasri and Delph would have been useful options off the bench to change things up. It's also hyperbole IMO to say we would have battered United with the addition of Silva. He and Aguero both played in last year's match and we got well beaten.

This was an important performance for us. We put out a defensive team, played defensively and were never seriously threatened. MP hated it but it worked. Play was confined to a 15 yard strip in the middle of the pitch. Very little room for creative play by either team. Kevin and Bony were never going to thrive in such a situation. My only worry is seeing MP post match he dislikes the style so much that he under uses it when we need to be pragmatic.

Bit unfair - we werent just missing Silva. Also Aguero, Nasri, Delph and Clichy. Aguero clearly critical, but Nasri and Delph would have been useful options off the bench to change things up. It's also hyperbole IMO to say we would have battered United with the addition of Silva. He and Aguero both played in last year's match and we got well beaten.

Eh, who mentioned battering them? Not me.

And i said the team would have nando, dinho and yaya in the midfield. Dinho being the extra cover for yaya, which we didn't have in last years derby.

Me too. When I saw the team sheet i was actually relieved. United bossed us last season in midfield. I couldn't take another humiliation like last year. I'm sure sure if pellers learnt from his mistake or played to who he had available, or unavailable.

Yaya wise, it would be a huge call to drop him for the champs league/top 4 games. I would be happy setting up as per the derby swapping Sergio with bony/Silva in for sterling.

It would be criminal if Pellegrini moved Silva from his best position and dropped our only real outlet with pace to accommodate Yaya in a position where he is ineffective.

Yaya can still play in a midfield 2, he just needs to drop a few yards deeper. Tell him to play the ball and create chances from deep but be extremely disciplined.

He's lost a yard off pace so when he's up the pitch he leaves Fernandinho and the back 4 exposed. However that's nothing that cannot be adapted.

We don't need him in that final third. Let Sterling, Silva and KDB worry about that. He can be the anchor man who supplies the right pass at the right time.

5/3`s is our game over here in Mid Cheshire mate and we are currently top with 3/3 wins (seasons only just started mind).Always made me smile when I used to go in a boozer by Maine Road called the Beehive.A group of West Indian men would all be playing this fine art,but when they knocked the fucking tables nearly went over,such was the force of the knock.
Definitely be interested in a game mate.

Do you track back Oakie?

Eh, who mentioned battering them? Not me.

And i said the team would have nando, dinho and yaya in the midfield. Dinho being the extra cover for yaya, which we didn't have in last years derby.

Re-read #805 bud, I wasn't responding to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.