The difference between Man City and Real Madrid?

jrb said:
BimboBob said:
You missed out the weather.

"Hello Mr Star Player,we can offer you two deals.One is 100k a week playing for a team in the Prem but it always rains there,the other is 100k a week with loads of bikini girls dancing and shit, thrown in".

Did the weather stop the one trick pony? Did it stop Rob? Did it stop Torres? No. Has it stopped a host of star players that the Rags, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have signed. No Don't believe the bullshit stories about the weather and rain putting players off. Most players will put up with a bit of rain for the duration of their contracts, as long as they know they're playing in a suucessful team and are guaranteed CPL football.

Anyway. When was the last time it rained in Manchester? Has to be at least 2 weeks now. Whilst in Madrid it has been pissing it down.

The rain in Spain falls mainly on Madrid. And it's cold over there during the winter months as well. Get a grip Micheal frost.

What about he dancing girls then? Surely they come into play if,like you suggested the whole weather thing has had a massive switch around(it will change back,mark my words)

jrb said:
bluemoon32 said:
Comparing the worlds biggest club to a club like ours is ridiculous.

I'm not comparing.

I'm saying that sacking managers does bring success. Real Madrid are the proof. The directors and the fans of Real Madrid expect success. Nothing more, nothing less. If the manager isnt successful, he is sacked. The new manager instantly knows where the benchmark is and he knows what is expected. So do the players. That winning mentallity comes down from the boardroom, on to the terraces and ultimately on to the pitch.

A corrpupt mentality more like. They´ve been winning for years because the people in power supported the ''royal'' capitol team. Actually, after democracy, they went through a ''barren'' run. Not like our barren runs, of course, but still less successful then previous years. Here we've had the big four for a few years, there they have had the big 2 for 50 years.

bluespana said:
jrb said:
I'm not comparing.

I'm saying that sacking managers does bring success. Real Madrid are the proof. The directors and the fans of Real Madrid expect success. Nothing more, nothing less. If the manager isnt successful, he is sacked. The new manager instantly knows where the benchmark is and he knows what is expected. So do the players. That winning mentallity comes down from the boardroom, on to the terraces and ultimately on to the pitch.

A corrpupt mentality more like. They´ve been winning for years because the people in power supported the ''royal'' capitol team. Actually, after democracy, they went through a ''barren'' run. Not like our barren runs, of course, but still less successful then previous years. Here we've had the big four for a few years, there they have had the big 2 for 50 years.

I'm not bothered who supported who. We can't talk anyway. First Frank and now ADUG. We're hardly a bastion of democracy are we.

Get real Che Guevara.

BimboBob said:

"Hello Mr Star Player,we can offer you two deals.One is 100k a week playing for a team in the Prem but it always rains there,the other is 100k a week with loads of bikini girls dancing and shit, thrown in".

Funny that Liverpool and Everton have substantial Spanish quality in their teams. Or is the drive down the East Lancs a drier and sunnier experience or do the bikini girls start at Fazackerley?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
BimboBob said:

Funny that Liverpool and Everton have substantial Spanish quality in their teams. Or is the drive down the East Lancs a drier and sunnier experience or do the bikini girls start at Fazackerley?

The girls/women/munters in Liverpool are all orange and so the spanish stars feel at home.According to my sources(which may not be entirely accurate) they all still live in spain and fly in everyday for training and stuff.

bluemoon32 said:

point being, though, that the line of argument "we need to keep Hughes because we need stability" is ridiculous. stability's great, but stable mediocrity isn't anything to look forward to.

jrb said:
bluemoon32 said:

I'm not comparing.

No, having money brings success, would sacking the manager every six months achieved anything if they had had f*ck all money to spend.

I would rather we build success in the Man U/Arsenal way than the Real Madrid way although both options require money which is fortnately what we have got :-)

I can't believe there are so many miserable f*ckers on here when David Villa's agent was at the game yesterday. Time for a reality check I think, some people are just getting too hung up on the Hughes thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.