The dumbest NFL play ever

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
For the record:

Baseball > football > basketball

I agree with you there. Unfortunately I have seen Tom Hicks make a fucking mockery of the Texas Rangers so I can relate to red scouse. Baseball has more tradition and history than any yank sport. Its sad to see what steriods have done to the game and I would much rather watch a 2-1 pitching and defensive game that is over in 2 1/2 hours than a 15-13, 4 hour marathon. Most Rangers games are like that and it bores the hell out of me.

I just found out the old Derby County ground was called the Baseball Ground since they used to have a baseball league play there ages ago. Very cool.

Yeah but that traditional aspect is being ruined.

This outbreak of "faux" traditional stadiums is cynical and very American. There is only one Fenway Park, one Yankee Stadium, one Wrigley Field. But then you have these eyesores like Minute Maid in Houston with it's mound in the middle of nowhere for no fucking reason, just to be different. And that stadium in Cleveland I think that takes one aspect of each of the great grounds and mashes it together to form one piecemeal eyesore.

Apart from franchises changing cities, which has happened in American sport as far back as I think the fifties, teams are now changing colours and name on a regular basis. How is that supposed to build tradition and history? California Angels became Anaheim, and are now Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Arizona and Tampa Bay, teams that aren't even ten years old, changed colours and team names.

At least with football, I know my team will always be called Manchester City, play in Manchester, and wear sky blue.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Yeah but that traditional aspect is being ruined.

This outbreak of "faux" traditional stadiums is cynical and very American. There is only one Fenway Park, one Yankee Stadium, one Wrigley Field. But then you have these eyesores like Minute Maid in Houston with it's mound in the middle of nowhere for no fucking reason, just to be different. And that stadium in Cleveland I think that takes one aspect of each of the great grounds and mashes it together to form one piecemeal eyesore.

Apart from franchises changing cities, which has happened in American sport as far back as I think the fifties, teams are now changing colours and name on a regular basis. How is that supposed to build tradition and history? California Angels became Anaheim, and are now Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Arizona and Tampa Bay, teams that aren't even ten years old, changed colours and team names.

At least with football, I know my team will always be called Manchester City, play in Manchester, and wear sky blue.

I agree with you 100%. Funny, I went to see a game at Minute Maid Park just a couple of weekends a go. A total pile of shit. I have never seen a place so tricked up in all of my life. On the other hand I've been to Wrigley and it was magnificent. I agree with you but no matter how much they fuck it up now it still can't take away from baseball's very rich history. Ken Burn's baseball is an epic account of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.