"The End of the World?" - new article on the blog now

There seems to be a tendency to blame yesterday's defeal almost entirely on the choice of full backs. But who were the full backs against Bayern?

glen quagmire said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Can we just move on please.I was angry and dissapointed last night but ask me 10 yrs ago and I would have took where we are right now.

Bring on the dippers!

Ok i am asking you now. What will you be happy with, in may 2021?

The league

nicko said:
glen quagmire said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Can we just move on please.I was angry and dissapointed last night but ask me 10 yrs ago and I would have took where we are right now.

Bring on the dippers!

What the fuck is the relevence of this question? We lost a football match in a tough competition of which this is our first year. Get a grip..

Ok i am asking you now. What will you be happy with, in may 2021?

The league

glen quagmire said:
cibaman said:
There seems to be a tendency to blame yesterday's defeal almost entirely on the choice of full backs. But who were the full backs against Bayern?

Ricards and clichy.

I think Bayern are a class above everyone in our group
Different game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niP-uHBg-pU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

hmmm..

all I have to say about the general theme to this and other related topics and postings is

"be a man!"

(and no one says that any better than Don Corleone, with a slap to jolt you back into reality too, eheh)

cibaman said:

That would be a valid question if Bayern played 3-4-3 and extreme counter attacking football. Does that answer your question?

Let's think about what happened in Naples. We went there with points on Napoli. The important thing was not winning, albeit we knew it would be a tough game against Bayern if we did not win. The most important thing was to not lose. A draw would have been a good result for us and we still would have had our fate in our own hands.

Did we play away tight away style football? If a dwarf team like Apoel from Cyprus can play tight defensive football when required, why can't we? I strongly belive, had we played last years football, we would have gotten a better result.

Looking at the first game at the Eithad, we should have learned the lesson and gone to Naples to beat them at their own game.

Comrade Buka said:
The Aguero injury argument simply does not hold. If he was injured, why was he at the bench to begin with? Or did the physio say: He can play from the 81st minute?

Quite often players are deemed unable to run out a game for 90 minutes, but capable of playing a limited role off the bench.

I think Dzeko's performance should be highlighted.

He was totally ineffective and Aguero did more in ten minutes than he did during all the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.